ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 07 wrx. i got a hks cbe, cobb catted dp, and spt intake. does anyone have numbers, or estimates.i aslo was wondering what to get next, any suggestions

·
Registered
314 Posts
i have an 07 wrx. i got a hks cbe, cobb catted dp, and spt intake. does anyone have numbers, or estimates.
what engine management are you using?

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
http://www.cobbtuning.com/images/?id=2656

If you're running the Cobb StgII map, you're looking at ~225whp/~270wtq.

If you're not running any EM, than you're looking at little gain from stock (you really should have EM when running a DP).

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Looks like cobb ap will be a good investment for your next step.

There are others but cobb ap is incredibly userfriendly.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
sheckephano said:
Slightly better than stock (in terms of #s).

Get EM:
1) it'll be safer for your car
2) it'll unlock more power from the engine

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like cobb ap will be a good investment for your next step.

There are others but cobb ap is incredibly userfriendly.
so what does an ap really for? is it just to unlock the potential of the engine? is it like personally tuning your own car?

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
sheckephano said:
so what does an ap really for? is it just to unlock the potential of the engine? is it like personally tuning your own car?
It communicates with you ECU to adjust boost, A/F ratio, etc.

It uses off-the-shelf (OTS) maps that are designed to be safe and reliable. Take a look at the link I posted earlier to see a comparison of stock vs. StageII. If you get a Protune (which you'll need some form of EM for, which includes the AP), you'll be putting down numbers comparable to a stock STi.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Its engine management.

Basically they have pre-configured maps for fuel/timing/boost etc. based on different stages of mods done to your car

Ya its a way to tune (flash) your ecu to manage the bolt ons your car has and maximize the gain in hp/tq you get, without having to go to a tuner.

Eventually you would want to get a pro tune, because the maps are "cookie cutter" and not every car is exactly the same or reacts the same to mods. I have essentialy what you have, but I am putting on a VF39 Turbo, Fuel Pump, Injectors and run a cobb map temporarily...until I can get a pro tune to create a custom map for me to run based on my mods and my car.

Go to Cobb site and it will break down their stages and generally what mods correspond to what stage you are in.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
It tunes your ecu for your mods, give it a search .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts