ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A bit ago someone posted something about a huge engined drag car. It was a 4 banger, I tried looking for it, but I'm no good at using the search on this site.
ThankS
MCL

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I read an article in a magazine about it. I can't remember everything.If I remember right, the crank is like a top fuel crank, but stronger due to it's short length. It runs gasoline til its time to go, then the nitromethane and alcohol comes in on a different set of injectors, and it is tuned by Bob Norwood of Texas.

·
Registered
414 Posts
If you're talking about Norwood's "Max-4" Acura, that thing is a monster. Here's some of it's goodies:

4.8 Liter 4 cylinder
4,000 [email protected] :eek:
Twin Turbonetics Q-Trim Turbo's good for 65 psi
He hopes to [email protected] mph
"Max-4" Largest non-aviation 4 banger
1.75:1 Air to Nitromethane

He is looking to change the twin Turbonetics turbo's to a single Schwitzer turbo with a 111mm holset compressor wheel :whoa:

It's such a crazy machine that there is NO class that this rocket fits in. This is why it hasn't raced in any organized drag race. Nopi was thinking about "creating" a special class, but I haven't heard anything further about it.

One crazy 4-banger.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Yeah I laughed when I read somethin about how it had all the ******** furious, they said imports dont belong in drag racing especially with a 4-banger. Now none of the dragsters can keep up. Once they found that out they said well its not fair cause its not using the original engine, like-wise, what dragster do you know of that uses the original stock block? I cant wait to see it run!! :rotfl: :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Capt. Ronin said:
4.8 Liter 4 cylinder
4,000 [email protected] :eek:
Twin Turbonetics Q-Trim Turbo's good for 65 psi
He hopes to [email protected] mph
"Max-4" Largest non-aviation 4 banger
1.75:1 Air to Nitromethane

He is looking to change the twin Turbonetics turbo's to a single Schwitzer turbo with a 111mm holset compressor wheel :whoa:
While reading this post, the smile on my face just kept getting bigger. :D I guess this is the exception the 4-banger = good MPG rule.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ThankS that what I was looking for. Some honda kid in my class said that the bigger 4 was at most 2.9 liters, and I knew he was very wrong.
MCL

·
Registered
435 Posts
Magoozle said:
Now none of the dragsters can keep up.
an amazing machine to be sure, but I wouldnt say that none of the dragsters can keep up; Top Fuel is still much faster, and so is Top Alcohol...just pickin' nits

-Ray

·
Registered
176 Posts
Yeah I knew someone would catch me on that comment, still that thing hauls balls with an engine that has the same liter as most suvs with half the cylinders and 20 times the power. :eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts