ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO I HAVE SMOG COMING UP AT THE END OF THE YEAR AND I JUST RECENTLY WENT STAGE 2 EXHAUST...I HAVE THE COBB TBE (CATTED) .... I WAS JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS THIS SET UP AND PASSED SMOG IN SO. CAL? THANKS IN ADVANCE

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,722 Posts
My understanding is that CA is pretty big into checking for tampering...meaning strictly-speaking you may not pass. Some of our CA residents could better address it. :)

Just a heads up...you may want to turn your caps-lock off. It's considered good netiquette...caps on means you're yelling at someone.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,466 Posts
If I were doing the testing you'd fail. I'm not doing the testing. The actual emissions could be fine if you test the car well warmed, and if the person doing the visual isn't diligent, you're in.

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
The nice, yet unfortunate part... since california has a lot of "smog check" shops, you can probably find a hook up. In colorado we have only state run places, and they are mad houses, and very diligent.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool thanks.... the kid at my local smog shop looks like he is baked out of his mind so i doubt he will actually do a visual check! ahah and i guess ill just run the freeway at 75mph for a while to test warm?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts