ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I used to have an 01 S2000. I sold it only to get a more "practical car" I could commute to work in if it snowed-- that ended up being an 05 STi. The STi is now stage 4 turbo and I love driving it. And for having the convenience of four doors and AWD, it's still a sexy beast.

Even though I never put winter tires on my S2K and couldn't drive it in the snow...even though it had TWO doors...even though it had NO torque compared to an STi...even though it had 5 sq ft of trunk space...even though it had TWO seats...even though the transmission buzzed on decel...even though it had TWO speakers...even though it had no place to put anything bigger than a Pepsi can in the cabin...I still miss her...

Near 50/50 weight dist, 9000 redline that sang like an F-1 in VTEC, red leather interior, digital instrument cluster, incredibly snickety shifts, RWD, HIDs, 120 PER LITER...goes on and on...

I know you can't compare cars of two completely different classes...but damn...I wish I could have kept both!

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
So, I used to have an 01 S2000. I sold it only to get a more "practical car" I could commute to work in if it snowed-- that ended up being an 05 STi. The STi is now stage 4 turbo and I love driving it. And for having the convenience of four doors and AWD, it's still a sexy beast.

Even though I never put winter tires on my S2K and couldn't drive it in the snow...even though it had TWO doors...even though it had NO torque compared to an STi...even though it had 5 sq ft of trunk space...even though it had TWO seats...even though the transmission buzzed on decel...even though it had TWO speakers...even though it had no place to put anything bigger than a Pepsi can in the cabin...I still miss her...

Near 50/50 weight dist, 9000 redline that sang like an F-1 in VTEC, red leather interior, digital instrument cluster, incredibly snickety shifts, RWD, HIDs, 120 PER LITER...goes on and on...

I know you can't compare cars of two completely different classes...but damn...I wish I could have kept both!

Yeah, I know the feeling. I've kept both my cars to not feel like that.

Here, watch this:

http://photo.livevideo.com/video/sh...A3E24301C/shane-sings-up-the-scale-5-oct.aspx

That should make you feel better.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I had a 94 Miata until I traded it in for the WRX a few weeks ago.

Liking the new car a lot, but yeah, I still miss the old one quite a bit.

More power, more room, more civilized and yet still more BRUTAL when pushed hard, etcetera, etcetera....

But a car designed from the ground up as a sports car, with all the feel and control responsiveness that goes along with that, feels like nothing else in the world that I have driven.

I would have kept both if I could have too, but the money and driveway space was just not there, sadly.

So yes- you are not alone.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Ehhh I had an MY02... Needs change, cars are just big boy toys, and you always want new toys so.....

·
Registered
112 Posts
I could say that I miss my minivan...:confused1

With the rear seats removed, it had all kinds of space for cargo. Lay the rear seat flat and it made for a great place to nap during lunch breaks. Factory tinted windows. Oh, and if I weren't in the mood for a nap, I could throw a DVD in the player and watch a movie very comfortably. Front and rear A/C. Child seats built-in to the 2nd row. It was a nice, smooth ride...no doubt...and served its purpose while I was married.

But I sure do not miss being married one bit!!! :tongue:

·
Registered
136 Posts
I don't miss my 02 S2K. I bought it on impulse and it sucked for winter and had no low end torque. That's why I tried it for my STi. I miss my 03 VF30 powered WRX more then my S2K.

I do miss having a second car though...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mods: 17'' OZ Superlegerras wrapped in Potenza S-03s, AEM V2 CAI, Invidia V2 Exhaust w/Ti blue tips, JDM corners and side markers.

Otherwise, pretty stock...I do miss her!

I don't think any other car in its class handled as well as the S2K. Granted it wasn't AWD, I'd have to say it had razor sharp handling.

My STi is rolling on 18" SSRs with Michelin Sport A/S, dropped on Full Flex coilovers with EDFC. It handles extremely well...not as sharp and responsive as the S2K. Maybe its the tires...hoping to mount some UHP summers when the damn snow is gone...

Anyone agree/disagree?

·
Registered
99 Posts
well i'm pretty lucky since i have a RSTi (sold my Evo 9 for it) and my brother has an ap1...:) these cars (turbo awd sedan/coupe and n/a short-wheelbased rwd roadster) compliment each other perfectly IMO.

·
Registered
27,068 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
S2000's are great cars.

I have known many people to get rid of them for something more "practical" and end up missing the car dearly.
If I lived somewhere that didn't snow I would probably have and S2000 or 350Z.
+ 1

even tho i think i would miss the back seat cuz thats where i keep all of my junk

·
Registered
27,068 Posts

·
Banned
327 Posts
i love my S2k. i have a silver 07... almost the exact color of my wrx wagon. such a nice car. i think i f**ked up the diff a little bit though launching it. haha

1 - 16 of 16 Posts