Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just came across this pic of the subaru recce cars on the subaru rally page, just wondering if anyone knew what was under the hood of these cars. I would love to have one.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
One never can't tell really...but I would guess that they are from one of the production classes, meaning that engine wise they are quite stock. They probably have a full catless system(due to change for next year...one cat needed). Production classes however doesn't mean the car off the showroom. Various suspension mods are allowed and they are mated to a 14 point rollcage, stiffening everything up.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I don't know what the specs are, but I do know that I hate you for posting that pic because now I HAVE to buy the Prodrive Headlights, the Fastline mudflaps, fog light covers AND spend money to have my rims painted gold.

Thank alot, friend.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just curious.....Besides the fact that they are really, really cool, is there any real reason the rally cars use those headlights?

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
the actaul Impreza WRC have air vents on top of the two projector lens but I think the ones shown are the replicas, so basically they have them for looks. Also, they might have HIDs in them for night driving. I have some HIDs in my reflector lens but the light spreads around and when I have extra money to toss around I'll be investing in a set of projectors.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.