ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys... i just installed my ecutek , full exhaust and downpipe and got my car tuned to the TITS and set my boost at 19.4 psi. My car is just DIRTY!!! now..Stock my car dynod 230 at wheels . After all my mods and proper tuning I dynod it 276 at wheels.. so like 365-370 at flywheel..
Anyways this dude i know has a dinnan exhauast and wants to race,,, I think I should kill him but I dunno. I was curiouse to know what a stock e46 m3 dynos at at the wheels??? i know 333hp at crank but need to know rwhp anyone know? also what do u think this outcome will be bewteen me and this m3?
Thanks

·
Registered
150 Posts
That makes the #4 m3 vs. wrx post of the week. You will not kill him, you will get killed even if you had basic stage IV mods. Run him and find out though anyways. I raced one with intake and dinan exhaust + a few other small mods and I got smashed when I was stage 2 with uppipe. good luck! Race him from a dig whatever you do. 280 is about right (usually b/t. 270-290whp) more with exhaust.

·
Banned
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bros... I have a STI not wrx.. I dynod 275 at wheels and running 19.2 psi of boost. U sure I wont take him? also running 365 lbs or tourque now.

·
Registered
5,825 Posts
Tailspin said:
Hey guys... i just installed my ecutek , full exhaust and downpipe and got my car tuned to the TITS and set my boost at 19.4 psi. My car is just DIRTY!!! now..Stock my car dynod 230 at wheels . After all my mods and proper tuning I dynod it 276 at wheels.. so like 365-370 at flywheel..
Anyways this dude i know has a dinnan exhauast and wants to race,,, I think I should kill him but I dunno. I was curiouse to know what a stock e46 m3 dynos at at the wheels??? i know 333hp at crank but need to know rwhp anyone know? also what do u think this outcome will be bewteen me and this m3?
Thanks

stock 230 whp?? hmmm..are you sure you drive a wrx?

·
Registered
253 Posts
you can run decent into the 12's with your setup, and im guessing the m3 with the dinan exhaust can get no better than 13.0, and thats if hes lucky. if your on the street you own him off a dig. from a roll he will slowly walk you a car or two, and the faster you go the more he walks. i assume your using a DTS dyno or the like. also i would imagine the bmw might also be chipped and just not telling you. i wouldnt lay any money down on this one.
...oh and good luck

·
Registered
423 Posts
yep the higher up from a roll you start the more you'll get left back....

but i re-phrase what i said previously....

if youlaunch hard form a dead dig he'll have lots of catchin up to do...i saw you TQ figures and are they accurate?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Tailspin: race from a dig and a roll and have someone put it on video. I think you'll have a chance even from a roll. If he wins, it'll still be good fun.

·
Registered
757 Posts
From what I've heard, E46 M3's need to have an adapter in order to dyno them. Something about the front wheels being different speeds than the rears, and causing the computer to pull timing... Might be something else, but you can't just put them on the dyno and expect it to perform correctly.

Trap speeds at the track would give a more accurate estimation of how the two cars would compare from a roll. Dyno's are best used for tuning purposes and comparisons on the same car before and after modifications, IMO.

·
Registered
926 Posts
From a dig....You will probably get him by a car or so.
From a roll....I'm gonna go with M. Topend like a mofo in those bimmers. I've seen a couple of them run on the highway and that's what they did.....ran away from the other car extremely fast

1 - 20 of 30 Posts