ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
What's your definition of best?

Twisty? Smoothest pavement? Best scenery? Best rest stop bathrooms? Best Hitchhikers?

Depending on where you are in CT. The roads south west of Bear Mountain State Park has a lot of excellent twisty roads with great pavement. (Arden valley road, Kanawauke road are my favorites) and highway 202 isnt bad either (lots of traffic)

I use these two resources to judge where my next drive will be...
1) Porsche GTS Community
2) BMW Ultimate Drive App

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
My favorite is just taking a day, driving up through Litchfield County and getting completely lost (as much as one can get lost in CT). Basically right where ConBroMitch suggested. I usually just tool around through Kent, Warren, Cornwall. No destination in mind, just taking random back roads. Sometimes I shoot for a lake or a state park so I can get out and stretch my legs a bit. It's a leisurely drive, twisty roads, awesome scenery.

·
The Disgruntled Veteran
189 Posts
All us CT peeps should get a group together and go zipping through some of these roads one day. Nothing beats driving a nice road like some boxer rumble reverberating off the forest :D

I'm down in the Greenwich / Stamford area and commute to Shelton / Stratford 6 days a week. I'm always up for a fun drive. Especially in the afternoon / as the sun starts setting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts