ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:i have a 2002 wrx wagon and when i turn my headlights on, only my fogs and the lights that come on when u take the e-brake off light up. my headlights and tail lights are a no go. the only way i can get head lights is to fiddle with my parking light switch till they flicker on. is there anyway to hard wire or bypass that parking light switch so when i use the regular headlight switch on the turn signal lever that all my head lights and tails would come on?

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
:confused:i have a 2002 wrx wagon and when i turn my headlights on, only my fogs and the lights that come on when u take the e-brake off light up. my headlights and tail lights are a no go. the only way i can get head lights is to fiddle with my parking light switch till they flicker on. is there anyway to hard wire or bypass that parking light switch so when i use the regular headlight switch on the turn signal lever that all my head lights and tails would come on?
It sounds like you have an actual problem that needs to be repaired. Why not figure out what it is and then fix it instead of trying to bypass and jury-rig switches?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i took the switch apart and saw the contacts were dirty so i cleaned them and in the process of re-installing it, on of the contacts fell off, so now i need to flip my prking switch to have head and tails lights. thats why i was wondering if there was a way to wire the prking lights to the low beam wire on the headlight switch so when i turn my headlights on all my lights would come on for sure.

·
Registered
158 Posts
You wire it up like that you're most likely going to short to power and melt some sh*t. I've been through it before with another car and it is NOT worth it . Just order another lever/multifunction switch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts