Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is blitz LM intake good on performance, because it take the hot air from the engine?
Is the engine check light on, after u changed the blitz intake?
(because my friend he put the blitz LM intake on his Toyota Ceilica, and the engine check light is on.)

·
1,911 Posts
Celica uses the same MAF sensor as the WRX. It is VERY delicate. if people are not careful they damage it when they are removing it and changing intake. This is likely what your friend did. He's going to faint when he sees what a new sensor costs. they are bloody expensive. I have yet to see a CE light on any intake kit for the WRX or Celica.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
wing_dotcom:

The temperature/intake tract length discussion has already played out in a couple of threads in the performance and more boost forums. Check out any thread about the Injen or other cold air intake system.

-Jim

·
1,911 Posts
Actually I had a sneak peak at some new data from Crazy Al, the guy with the fastest WRX in the US. He has just run some tests on the Injen and the results are nothing short of extrodinary IF you are running a big turbo. He has the PE 1820F. Looks like I may keep my Injen after all.

·
Registered
316 Posts
What did he compare the Injen CAI to? Blitz SUS filter? Oh, and can you fit the Blitz filter on the Injen piping? That'll be pretty sweet if it fits.

·
Registered
2 Posts
...from a current (soon to be x) celica owner...the only difference between the SUS and LM is the filter...but i'm not sure how the LM compares to SUS.... with SUS my throttle response was greatly improved overall. the car also pulls harder all the way to redline than it did before once vvtli kicked in... if you've already got the intake tube from another intake...i'd recommend the SUS filter...it was the best $290 i spent on my celica...and when i get the wrx this weekend....i'll probably start looking for the SUS application for that so its ready to go once the break in is done. as for the MAF....if it is similar to the celica....make sure not to overtighten it and make sure all the clamps are tight as well....most of the CEL's on celicas were usually cleared up by tightening everything and making sure the MAF wasn't overtightened leading to damage or damaged during handling....

·
Registered
2 Posts
oh reaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllly??? grrrr...now should i be an a$$ and tell the guy he can't have my intake anymore.....or suck it up and buy myself a new one.....

·
Registered
8 Posts
installed the aem cai in my wrx and as soon as i turned the car on the check engine light came on...i just reset the ecu and have been running for the past 4 days now with no cel! i guess it just needed to readjust for the new intake....

methadon

·
Registered
39 Posts
Power hits much harder with the Lm intake.

I have a big ass turbo(PE1820F available fromgodspeed ) and a turbo back exhaust and Blitz SBCi-d boost controller. Only thing that scares me is I think that I can hear some pinging...that is bad Juju. I am sure that it was already there, but with the stock airbox gone, I am now hearing the sound. I need a knocklink and an ecu bad! I was only pushing 12 psi of boost...I had to back her off to 10.

I am probably pushing around 300 ponies...I do not want to blow her up.

Andy

·
Registered
8 Posts
wondering...

im bout to buy an blitz sus for my wrx... but its an celica one... he says its ok but u think its worth it?? would the check engine light come on?? and wuts an MAF sensor?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts