ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey right now I live in Tucson, AZ. & there is a slight chance I'll be moving to either Tulsa or OK City.

Before I move I wanted to see how many WRX owners are out there.

J.D.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I do. I live in Tulsa...where are you going to be living?

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will either be moving to Edmond or Yukon. Which one do you recomend between those two??? I will be starting our business in O.K.C. so I need to be fairly close.

By the way I just about fell out of my chair when the tag agency told me that there is no emmission testing. I've never heard of that before.

jd

·
Registered
104 Posts
I would move to Edmond, its really nice there. no emmission testing and even if there was testing it would be for all the trucks around here with their flowmasters and stuff. yuo should talk to people in the subaru forum on this page, there are a lot of people for around there on this site. http://ok-speed.com/

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jimi900 said:
I would move to Edmond, its really nice there. no emmission testing and even if there was testing it would be for all the trucks around here with their flowmasters and stuff. yuo should talk to people in the subaru forum on this page, there are a lot of people for around there on this site. http://ok-speed.com/
Sweet web site!!! My wife & I will be there from the 19th. to the 22nd. looking at houses in Edmond & Yukon. I can't believe how much house you can get for the $$$ there.

jd

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Oklahoma

Angrysoldier said:
I am moving to Oklahoma in a month from Tucson, AZ.
No way!! Another WRX in OK. Where are you moving to?? We are looking at Edmond, Yukon, Mustang, & SW OKC. I will be moving in December.

jd

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ok

I will be moving to Ft. Sill. It is next to Lawton, Ok. Ill be moving there in the begining of Oct. im looking forward to the drive! 1100 miles the whole way! Im also heading there from Tucson.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Ok

Angrysoldier said:
I will be moving to Ft. Sill. It is next to Lawton, Ok. Ill be moving there in the begining of Oct. im looking forward to the drive! 1100 miles the whole way! Im also heading there from Tucson.
Sweet!! We will have to hook up in OK. Have you been there before?? I just went for the 1st. time & loved it.

jd

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ok

Yeah sounds good, I actually went to Basic training in ft. sill 4 years ago, now im getting stationed there. OK is nice so i dont mind. We can meet up in tucson too, i still have a month before i leave.

·
Registered
439 Posts
im stationed at Ft. Sill. there are a few WRX's here.... no shops to buy anythng from and a lot of ricers to play with.... i drive a EVO and my wife drives a WRX..... we have a few kool people who meet upand hang out but not too many around 9-10.... see ya when you get here

·
Registered
7 Posts
OK

Thats cool, looking forward to getting there. Glad to know there are other people with wrx's to hang out with. I figured there wouldnt be many shops, ill just order from a place here in tucson. Ill let you know when i get there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i just moved up to norman, ok a couple weeks ago to go to the University of Oklahoma. i moved up here from lawton, ok but im originally from california. sorry to hear that you're coming here...it sux here. i think i wuz one of the only wrxs in town (not that there were very many in the first place) driven by a younger person or someone actually interested in modding it. i know i wuz the first 04 wrx and definately the youngest...;)

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
DRFTwRx said:
i just moved up to norman, ok a couple weeks ago to go to the University of Oklahoma. i moved up here from lawton, ok but im originally from california. sorry to hear that you're coming here...it sux here. i think i wuz one of the only wrxs in town (not that there were very many in the first place) driven by a younger person or someone actually interested in modding it. i know i wuz the first 04 wrx and definately the youngest...;)
What sux about it??? I guess if you came from CA. it might suck but I'm coming from Tucson, AZ. I have live here all my life & there is nothing to do except hiking & mountain biking, (which I do alot of both). My wife went to OKC & loved the resturants, & I can't wait to buy my boat & hit the lake.

AND NO EMISSIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jd

·
Registered
7 Posts
Lol, Ive been to OK before, I liked it enough. The weather isnt too bad. Where is the closest Drag strip to Lawton?? Im also looking for good dirt, I like to use my car for what it was designed for.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Angrysoldier said:
Lol, Ive been to OK before, I liked it enough. The weather isnt too bad. Where is the closest Drag strip to Lawton?? Im also looking for good dirt, I like to use my car for what it was designed for.
the closest dragstrip is in norman.. thunder valley..about 60-70 miles.. but hey i go atleast twice a month...

as far as dirt.... don't know can't help ya there... post has a lot of dirt trails...

DRFTwRx : my wife has a WRX... and its not stock.. and there are a few running around here now... hers is yellow with the cf wing risers and hood scoop, and the cobb exhaust. lawton ain't the hottest palce on the planet but its not that bad.

·
Registered
377 Posts
J.D. said:
I'm coming from Tucson, AZ. I have live here all my life & there is nothing to do except hiking & mountain biking, (which I do alot of both). My wife went to OKC & loved the resturants, & I can't wait to buy my boat & hit the lake.
Well, you ain't going to be doing any hiking or mtn. biking, that's for sure!! You'd better be a water-skiing *****, that's your only hope... :)

from another mountain man, lost on the plains...

PS. I've never been to Tucson, only to Pheonix, are the restaurants really that bad?

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
perfusionista said:
Well, you ain't going to be doing any hiking or mtn. biking, that's for sure!! You'd better be a water-skiing *****, that's your only hope... :)

from another mountain man, lost on the plains...

PS. I've never been to Tucson, only to Pheonix, are the restaurants really that bad?
There are alot of good resturants in the phoenix area, in Tucson it's mostlt chain stuff like Applebees, Chilis etc...... We do have great Mexican food though!!!

jd

1 - 20 of 35 Posts