ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im on a budget build and i really want that classic boxer sound i just dont have the 1000 bucks to drop on an exhaust.the nameless set up it perfect just heard it was loud.my last car was way to loud so i need a queiter setup. now they have their kit with mufflers and they are claiming 20 db lower idle and 10 at wot. just wondering if anyone has this setup? if so how is the drone if any a highway speeds and daily driving in cabin noise? youtube videos do no justice...

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Installed mine back in Feb and I love them! Check out my post under Engine modifications.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
excellent thanks guys, that exactly what i needed to hear!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how is the drone on the freeway, and cabin noise freeway. i dont travel to much but still dont want that annoying loud as drone, my last car i wanted to kill myself after an hour lol

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
At 70 mph, it's not too bad! Drove to Columbia, MO to visit our son a couple of weeks ago and we could actually talk to each other without shouting! Of course, I love a nice sounding exhaust! :)

The best part is the daily commute! The sound is so sweet every time you shift!

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have been looking around and I love the sound. I got mine in the mail a week ago and I'm getting my car today. I can't wait to put it on. Everyone I have asked has loved it. I'm getting the SWP and I thought it would look sweet with the blacked out exhaust. I wanted to make my car unique.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea prob look pretty good with the black, love white cars murdered out...

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had a 2010 wrx and had a custom made 3" exhaust made with a flow maser muffler and it sounded great then 3 weeks later I bought a sti lol

·
Registered
131 Posts
And the custom exhaust cost me 345
Thank you. I was just going to mention that. I took mine to an exhaust shop; they have their own supplies and pipes and machines to shape the pipes for your exhaust. You don't need to buy an expensive name brand exhaust setup online to get that trademark sound. If you want a larger muffler then I would I buy that prior to going in. Other than that they will simply charge you for the labor / install, and parts / shop cost. It should not cost you more than $400.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just don't let them weld to the factory dp. Voids the warnenty. I had them weld a flange to the new exhaust and bolt it the the stock dp.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks, never really though bought that, it really would depend on the mufflers. i dont want flowmaster, had it on my titan before my jba, then had a muffler on my cobalt ss. flowmaster =great sound with great drone,even with a 3 chamber. dont want magnaflow the one on my cobalt got loud as hell after a few months. plus being in ca where everything is illegal most shops dont do certain things...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts