Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Moderating on the run!
7,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wanting to upgrade my brake pads and have been a little disappointed with the reviews I've read on several other pads- EBC green and red -not many good reviews; Mintex 1155's-dusty, noisy; Portefield R 4S- fronts not sized correctly, no indentation on rear of pad for clip.

I was looking at the NA S or CC X pads in Endless. I want a good autox pad w/ streetable qualities- low dust,noise. Is there other pads I should also be looking at? Pagid?

It also occured to me that if a vendor was to offer brake upgrade package w/ quality brake pads, stainless lines and a quality fluid- at a fair price, there would likely be a fair amount of interest (Dan- is that something you might offer?).

Thanks in advance,

Big Sky WRX

·
1,911 Posts
I can offer pads and fluid packages yes. It's not a problem. I often find the lines are not needed to change unless you track the car. For street/autocross pad and fluid upgrade is enough at stock power levels. As for Endless pads they are IMO the best in the world. I've tried many over the years and after using Endless I will not only never sell any other kind, I won't use any other kind either. The NA-Y and NA-S are excellent street/autocross pads. CC-X are incredible but more expensive and probably more than you need in all honesty. They are street/track use and harder on the rotor than the NA series. They all dust about same as stock w/ CC-X actually dusting a little less than the NA series. NA are silent and CC-X squeel VERY little and rarely (unless you're backing up for some reason). Hope this helps.

·
Moderating on the run!
7,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow this was an old thread. To update, at the time (Feb) Dan did not have any NA S's in stock, but had the higher end CCX. He highly reccomended them, I reluctantly purchased them (mainly as this was my wife's daily driver and wanted very streetable pads ie no noise etc). I ended w/ NA Y's on the rear.

I can say after many months, many autox's, many canyon runs, many daily driven miles by the boss (wife;) ) the CCX perform as advertised- low nosie, relativley low dust, good cold bite-awesome slightly warmed, rotor friendly and seem to be wearing well.

They are expensive, but I'll quote Dan (and many others)- you get what you pay for.

Dan also set me up w/ Motul fluid (already had the Goodridge lines).

Big SKy

·
Registered
5 Posts
How are they holding up

Big Sky or others:
Are you still using the endless pads? Time for me to change pads, figure I'll upgrade from the stockers. I've looked around and I can't find a good place to list several different types of pads for my stock calipers/rotors, besides Tire Rack and their EBC's (which don't seem to get good reviews). I guess I'm pretty rough on brakes, this is the second set of stock pads and rotors I have had, both sets lasted about 25k miles. I did a search and found this ancient thread, thought I'd see how long they lasted, etc. Thanks.

PS - looking at the NA-Y's right now. Do you have any suggestions for a rotor upgrade, or did you use these pads with the stock rotors?

·
Moderating on the run!
7,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have no complaints about Endless pads- they perform as adivertised. They are expensive. I have since switched to the Ferodo DS 2500's and like them very much, very close to the performance of the CCX's at half the cost.

It's possible Endless prices have come down since I purchased them in 01. The NAY's or S's would make for a good agressive street pad IMO.

If your not tracking your car I think oem rotors will be fine. If you are tracking your car I'd look at the DBA 4000 or 5000 series or possibly at oem ones cryo'd.

Big Sky

1 - 12 of 12 Posts