Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i wanna re flash my ecu, i'm just afraid if i send my ecu to them, and they don't send it back to me ......... i'm screwed

·
Registered
932 Posts
They have excellent customer service and a very fast turnaround - do not worry. Do a search on AccessECU and I think you will find a ton of threads on peoples experience with Cobb.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks a lot
i'm worried because i wrote an email, and they haven't replied my email yet
i wrote 3 emails already
:(

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
They are not great on returning emails. they have good customer service if you call them. They were a respected tuner here in texas but then they moved to Utah, you dont have to worry about not getting you ecu back from what I have heard the turn around has been pretty fast.

Cobb is a large tuner they are just less talked about because most of their tunning is done in house they dont like to just sell parts they like to install and tune it safely.

Alex

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh, since they haven't replied my email yet, can i ask you a question?
if i wanna re flash my ecu from stage 1 to stage 2, is it free or do i have to pay another $400?

and what kind of turbo back do you think is perfect w/ cobb tuning?

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
cobbs turbo back woud be perfect for cobb tunning :D

They sell 2 versions of the ecu reflash one is just a reflash. the second which is about 100 more comes with a module that they can load different reflashes onto or email you the maps and you can reflash the ecu yourself. It does NOT allow you to tune the map it only allows you to load a premade map. So if you upgrade some parts and cobb has a off the shelf reflash listed for those parts they can email it to you and you can flash the ecu yourself free of charge.

now back to the turbo backs, as long as a ehaust is of the same diameter it will flow about the same amount of air so the tunning will not be much different. The only way the tune would be any different is if you got it dyno tuned but since you are just gettin a off the shelf map you wont notice and difference in performance between turbo backs sicne the off the shelf reflashes are tuned to be very safe.

·
Registered
932 Posts
No, you do not have to pay $400 again - I think they charge $20 - $30... I don't remember exactly. Soon they will be coming out with the AccessPort which will allow you to do the reflash for free at home. Check out their website for details. Any turboback will work for a Stage 2 as long as fulfills the requirement of a turboback. Their website also has their contact numbers, so I would just give them a call.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Oh yeah you can go ahead and get the access ecu now if you want the access port later they will just charge you the difference in price so you wont be losing any money.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
that's great !
thanks a lot for everything

i just realized that u're from houston
did you put ur car on the HIN?

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
No I didnt think my stock wagon with a dented bumper and for sale written all over it would do to well against the likes of gilly at hin. Even when my car was modded I still wouldnt have entered.

·
Registered
5 Posts
cobb access ecu

hi im tomy d live in nj..i had my ecu reflashed by cobb a week ago and couldnt be happier..i have stage 2.if you have any questions pm me..i sent it out th and sa morning ups delv it..

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: cobb access ecu

tomy d said:
hi im tomy d live in nj..i had my ecu reflashed by cobb a week ago and couldnt be happier..i have stage 2.if you have any questions pm me..i sent it out th and sa morning ups delv it..
what kind of turboback exhaust do you have?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks a lot
that would help me a lot
cobbtuning is starting to reply all my email
i will send mine on friday

:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts