ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do those dam Creaks and Growns in the front and/or back SIDES come from? (Not all of us but some WRXs)

Im not talkin about the "Dash Rattle"...

Anytime Im pulling in somewhere or say going over a speed bump slowly.....I get this dam "Creak/Scrunchy/" noise from my right front side..:(

ALWAYS been there since new, I have checked EVERYTHING, Strut/shock tower mounts,dash,stabilzier bar,fender bolts,door hinges,wheel bearings,windshield posts,glove box, yada,yada,etc,etc and cant locate it!!

ALSO, I KNOW that some of you guys have had the rear "Clunk" from the rear quarter panal area........Anyone figure that one out?

I have also checked that one out thourghly too and cant isolate it!

Even had wifey drive me around in the trunk for me to listen for it!

(That was spooky with HER driving.........Trust me:eek: )

Anyway, Help out and old brother here before I spray the whole dam right side down with WD-40 and forget it!!!!:D

Thanks guys
SHotgun

·
Registered
0 Posts
I dunno.. the only noise I have so far is the "OH CRAP" handle on the right side.. have to figure out how to get the rubber covers off to tighen it up without messing anything up. I just never think about it till I'm driving over soem rough road. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
my rear passenger suspension goes thunk when I drive forward just after reversing. door rattles a little. baby seat rattles also. but the most irritating , but tolerable, is the loud clunk from the rear diff after accelerating hard and shifting.... I know the solution for the last one but the passenger suspension thunk is killing me.

·
Registered
72 Posts
ALSO, I KNOW that some of you guys have had the rear "Clunk" from the rear quarter panal area........Anyone figure that one out?
I get a kind of knocking noise sometimes when I go over bumps. The latch on the fold down seat on the driver's side has a little play in it and it kind of sounds like it's coming from the rear quarter panel area. Could this be it?

·
Registered
351 Posts
Both seat belts squeak, dash board rattles, BOOST GUAGE NEEDLE rattles :)confused: think I need a new diffuser in the line)
and I too have been battling the rear suspension clunks/ squeaks/ thunks from DAY 1. I just hope that in 100K when it's time for new everything back there it will clear up :p Oh, and I have to re-tighten the turbo heat sheild. That's a nasty one too....

No idea where it comes from back there. Let us know if you figure it out PLEASE!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
When I isolate this S.O.B's I PROMISE I will post up!!

(I WILL find these dam things...:mad: )

I guess I should be thankful that is the only probs I have had...

You know when I do find em it will be somthing SO dam simple that I overlooked it!! LOL!

Shotgun

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Racenut3.0 said:
I dunno.. the only noise I have so far is the "OH CRAP" handle on the right side.. have to figure out how to get the rubber covers off to tighen it up without messing anything up. I just never think about it till I'm driving over soem rough road. :rolleyes:
I can cover ya there...........

Just take a quarter inch (or so) screw driver and slide it in about 1/2 into the molding where the grab handle go's through the molding/bolt cover.

Lift up on the screwdriver (pull screwdriver handle "up" towards you)

It will pop right up and slide towards the front of the car on the grab handle....;)

Dont be shy.......You wont hurt a thing.

When your done tightining the bolts (10mm?) just slide em back and snap em on!

Done.

Shotgun

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
FFWRX said:
Mine did, but it went away.:wiggles:

Check and see if the set screw/screw is tight on the windshield mount.

Do's your mirror viberate (blur) when your driving?

If so, Its that dam little screw/setscrew

Shotgun

1 - 20 of 27 Posts