ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 350Z, and i ran the another day against a GTO stock. i ran 13.6 with 102mph, (i've had the car for 3 months so still new) however, the GTO ran 12.8 with 109 mph, i spoke to the guy and he told me that he ran with an STI 06 with stg 2, and killed him bad, well , i read about the sti and it gets similar time to my Z,(little bit better), i researched what an STI with a stg 2 does and the results fluctuate from high 11's to mid -high 12's, so i think it depends on the driver's skill level, so my question is what is an sti stg 2 going to run with a fairly good driver ? will it be able to take a GTO (assuming the GTO is stock) ?

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Is your 350 stock? I havent seen one run less than 15.4 at my track. You must be a great driver already.

·
Registered
11,850 Posts
Is your 350 stock? I havent seen one run less than 15.4 at my track. You must be a great driver already.

15.4 is and insanely slow time for a 350Z. 13.6 is a good solid time for an 07.

Gto's are pretty damn quick. Of course of friend of mine was somehow able to run a high 15 with a lightly modded GTo. Given a bad enough driver anything is possible.:screwy:

·
Registered
277 Posts
13.6? Bull, own me with some pictures or else I call BS. As for the GTO, 05/06 models are 400 horse at the crank. C&D got a 13.3 second 1/4 mile. It's a damn quick car.

Actually, I take back my statement on the 350Z, self pwned.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
15.4 is and insanely slow time for a 350Z. 13.6 is a good solid time for an 07.
You're right. I swear its the case, several different ones, all different dates at the same track. Maybe the 350 club around here are just sandbagging for some upcoming event.

·
Registered
11,850 Posts
You're right. I swear its the case, several different ones, all different dates at the same track. Maybe the 350 club around here are just sandbagging for some upcoming event.
Yeah who knows. Theres been a good number of people able to pull high 13's in a stock Z (non base model) and a few 07's have hit < 13.5.

I've never drag raced personally so I'd probably be one of those people in the 15's. :tongue:

·
Registered
476 Posts
i have run a few... 5.7's and 6.0's on the street.. a stage 2 wrx or sti should pull hard from a dig up until the Gto hits 4th gear, then they start pulling... on the track its a drivers race..if the Gto hooks high 12's is easy...alot of variables..stock for stock though the Gto has the edge...my stage 2 vs bolt on Gto's has given a good run until highway speeds were the chevy's ls's really shine on high end...all in all though its pretty even until you hit up some twisties and then that fat pig( GTO) is left far behind..

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, the Z has hotchkis sways and 19 inch rims +285/35 toyo tires, which i dont consider to improve my track time at all, however, the toyos grip well until they get excessively heated up and then they get greasy. And yeah the VQ35HR which is the new motor, which runs consistent mid 13's. I had two launches and the first time i ran 13.9 with 101 mph. and there have been people getting 13.4 and 13.3 here is a link from my350z.com and it is not falsified, in order for your time to be listed there you need to provide the slip from the racetrack. also dont get me wrong i am not here to argue about Z or STI being faster or slower, i do respect the two cars
http://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=233840

·
Registered
0 Posts
i see em at the track all the time...they are kinda heavy stage 2 sti should walk em all day

·
Premium Member
6,298 Posts
Edge to the Stage 2 STi in the quarter.

Edge to the goat in a "frumaroll" once speed reach triple digits.

Edge to the STi on a road course...by quite a ways.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Edge to the Stage 2 STi in the quarter.

Edge to the goat in a "frumaroll" once speed reach triple digits.

Edge to the STi on a road course...by quite a ways.
Edge in life pricless:)

·
Premium Member
6,298 Posts
Edge in life pricless:)
Agreed:tongue:

Also forgot...I almost bought a new Goat, but man, that gas mileage is scary. 20-21 on the highway....and those are using the old rating system. I could hear it slurping while I was just standing there looking at it.

Edge to the STi in economy (don't see that too often do you)

·
Registered
27,068 Posts
Agreed:tongue:

Also forgot...I almost bought a new Goat, but man, that gas mileage is scary. 20-21 on the highway....and those are using the old rating system. I could hear it slurping while I was just standing there looking at it.

Edge to the STi in economy (don't see that too often do you)
Really?

Most GTO owners report pretty decent mileage. With the 6spd and LS2 motor people are seeing highway mileage in the mid 20's pretty regularly from my understanding.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Coming from someone who owns both. A stg2 WRX will never walk a stock GTO (ls1 or ls2). A stock STi is a good race from the line, but if drivers are equal, the goat should win.

GTO myth number 1: The 5.7s are slower than the 6.0s... depends. I know of few not modded.

A stg2 STi should run with or beat a stock goat.

BUT! Here's the big butt... show me a stock WRX, STi, or GTO at the track.

BTW, I smoked a 350Z in my stg2 WRX last week, but it was stock and a convert.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
I have beaten both a 5.7 and 6.0, both had exhausts, with a basic stage 2 setup. Keep in mind that was on the street, the strip the gto can hook better and will give a better race.

·
Premium Member
6,298 Posts
Really?

Most GTO owners report pretty decent mileage. With the 6spd and LS2 motor people are seeing highway mileage in the mid 20's pretty regularly from my understanding.
From http://www.fueleconomy.gov/mpg/MPG.do?action=browseList2&make=Pontiac&model=GTO

These owners reported a high of 21.6 on average. That is more indicative to me, rather than highway mileage. However, for the performance you get, that is still good. I wonder why they didn't give it the same ratios as the vette?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts