ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bought my car recently, and I guess I didn't do enough research. I saw that my front calipers were a big brake kit, but I didn't realize it was such an obscure brand. I have 6 piston VTTR front calipers. They're working great right now, but now im worried about when I have to replace the pads. I can't seem to find them anywhere in the states. The best I can find is having them ordered from singapore. Not exactly something I want to do is send a credit card number to china.

If i can't find the pads, ill be forced to buy an entirely new brake set, or pull some out of a salvage yard if I am lucky enough.

·
Good news, everyone!
3,856 Posts
Well, Singapore != China, if that helps at all.

Their website, though, is registered as a .tw domain which is Taiwan, which is China, so I guess you're both right and wrong there. :)

I wouldn't personally trust that company either. You could try pawning those off on somebody else and trade for stockers + cash. Just a thought.

·
Æternum
20,870 Posts
I might consider selling my front stockers

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Might consider buying them just in case I can't get any replacement pads.

Don't get me wrong. I love these brakes. This car stops like no car i've ever driven before. I have no idea how the stock brakes work, but this car stops quick.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The calipers seem to be about $60 each at autozone. I guess that's not too bad. Might have to buy stock size rotors though, huh?

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
could it be possible they use similar pads as other 6-pot caliper systems?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I haven't taken them apart, just trying to be proactive, but i really am hoping they're just copy-cat of brembo or something

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
Still no where to buy on that site. Just have to sent out a "contact us" email and see if anyone decides to answer.
There was a day when people had to get all of there parts without the internet ;)

The brakes don't sound that great though.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I doubt I would ever find these with out the internet lol. Anyhow, I emailed these guys, I have a little more faith in an Austrailian business.

They are great brakes. Pads are noisy when you just tap them, but stopping power is amazing. Being that I bought this car from someone in the Airforce, I wouldn't doubt someone brought this car back from a different country while being stationed there. There are a lot of parts replaced by a company named Blitz, which I can't seem to find except in European countries.

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
Cool. Probably a VIN code you can look at for that.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Wonder if that's the same Blitz that does the Nur-Spec exhausts...they were a very reputable brand for a lot of turbo vehicles back in the 90s and early 2000s.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah. My car has a Nur-Spec muffler that was welded in place of the stock muffler. Other little odds and ends i find on my car say Blitz on them too.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Did a little more searching last night and Emailed a couple Asain companies. Two of them Emailed me last night saying they could ship to the USA. What do you guys think is the safest way to pay someone across the pond? I was thinking Paypal before credit card...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts