ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got done reading several threads in the engine and ecu forums that made me just want to hit someone. you know the ones, "I just got a MBC and a BOV for my 2004, I got the bov to keep the boost down so i shouldnt blow up my engine, how do i install these parts? and is 18psi too much?" blah, blah

when you enter onto a community like this one I would think it is common agreement that you search and learn before you try to build a hotrod. I waited a long time before made my first post while i learned all that is subaru, and i know many other people learned the same way. lets try to promote knowledge all through the boards.

just venting
Luke

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I can only agree to an extent. I agree on the idea that people should do searches. You have to keep in mind though that not everyone that signs up for a forum, actually knows how to use them.

If a noob asks a question no matte how many times it's been shot dead. I will give them an answer, and explain how search works.

It takes just as long to yell about searching as it does to explain where the button is.

It promotes new people to keep coming here, for intellegent people that have answers to even the noobiest of questions.

My .02

·
Registered
13,126 Posts
Im happy there are well educated people on this board who can help point the noobs in the right direction.

I dont mind them posting at all as long as they are sincere about learning, or are enthusiasts.

:)

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am just tired of people that want to modify their cars but dont want to spend the time learn how to keep their engines from blowing up.

luke

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I usually start a thread to become popular again.. wait a minute... i'm not popular anyway.. i'm a noob. Anyways, being a noob, I share my knowledge with everyone, and even have gone far as to flame the old timers:D . But we were all there once and if you've noticed.... some of the noobs catch on fast and have even used the line " do a search noob!!" at least once since being here. One day we will all be wise like the mods

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
KurleeDaddeeWRX said:
We were all n00bs at one time. And we all had to learn to use the SEARCH buttons before posting. They will all learn some day, and they will all help out some day in the future. Don't be too harsh on the n00bs.
Yep, Being nice to the postman could save ones ass should he go off someday....:)

Nothing wrong with people new needing help,

Some folks dont like to search through a gazillion posts to find an answer and alot of time a new post on an old subject may have a different approach to an old problem.

Be kind, We are all stupid in some way.

Shotgun

·
Registered
249 Posts
i think sometimes people just jumps on the band wagon by yelling at people to use the search button and calling people noobs or whatever. i personally dont see the need for that, and here's my 2 cents why:

1) if i have time to post a reply to a "noob question" i'd just do it simply because of 2 reaons: first of all, i guess i'm a pretty nice guy to begin with and i really dont mind to post a quick reply to his question so because i know that would make a noob's life easier and who doesnt like that? if you have a question of your own, dont you want people to reply quickly with the information instead of just telling you off? second of all, i think it helps to promote the right information around the net. i sure dont mind see the right information more than once.

2) if i dont have time to post a reply, i simply dont. i am sure (at least i hope) that the "noob" will look elsewhere or actually searches for an answer him/herself if no one replies to his/her posts.

3) clubwrx.net has always been a friendly place to drivers of all knowledge level. i personally want to see that this place stays that way. i just dont see the need to tell people off even if he/she is a noob

4) this last point might be a little harsh, and i dont mean to sound condesending or whatever, but what's the point of telling people off and calling them a noob? does that make you feel any better? does that boost your ego? if you ask me, heck personally, i would rather boast my ego by answering people's questions quickly and effectively, thus building a reputation for myself on clubwrx.net as someone who really knows his stuff. case in point, i've really come to respect guys like BigSky and God etc cuz they dont BS around. they are like radio shack, you got questions, they got answers. to me, being reputable boast my ego 10x more than me telling someone off.

i can understand some of you dont agree with my line of thinking, but i guess that doesnt really bothers me cuz this is who i am. and this is how i've been brought up to treat people.

·
Registered
27,068 Posts

·
"sitting in the corner in Rick Roll timeout"
4,124 Posts
I think the lack of flaming noobs here is what separates this forum from the rest. That is what kept me here. I can't begin to describe how much I've learned from reading all the posts here.

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
Imprezaboy said:

4) this last point might be a little harsh, and i dont mean to sound condesending or whatever, but what's the point of telling people off and calling them a noob? does that make you feel any better? does that boost your ego? if you ask me, heck personally, i would rather boast my ego by answering people's questions quickly and effectively, thus building a reputation for myself on clubwrx.net as someone who really knows his stuff. case in point, i've really come to respect guys like BigSky and God etc cuz they dont BS around. they are like radio shack, you got questions, they got answers. to me, being reputable boast my ego 10x more than me telling someone off.
perfectly said.

NASIOC is a great place to watch people boost their online toughguy persona and use and abuse their mod superpowers and popularity.

people here are way way cooler for sure b/c of reasons, actions, and people that act repectfully and knowledgeably.

USE THE SEARCH N00B = I DONT KNOW

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
You're talking about a different type of n00b, a n00b that chooses to stay a n00b, rather than becoming informed. I think that the great thing about this forum is that most people choose to become informed, rather than just getting the bare minimum of info they need and then forgetting about it until they have a problem.

-snowcat

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
It's more about attitude than anything else, to me. If they come on here asking questions, and seem receptive and friendly, I'll help them. (if I can)

If someone's new to forums, it may not be instantly obvious how to search things out. (for example, they may not know the correct key words for a kind of mod that they are just learning about)

OTOH, if someone's new and jerky, I'm liable to be jerky back...

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
DTR maxima said:
the whole "search n00b" thing is over-rated. you can expect someone to join a forum for the first time and know the rules, and how to search and such....

every has to start somewhere...
start somewhere learning about the car? sure, I can buy this. however, any message board has a search function. if someone doesn't know that there is one, then they need to take a general internet course at their local high school.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
Snowvert said:
start somewhere learning about the car? sure, I can buy this. however, any message board has a search function. if someone doesn't know that there is one, then they need to take a general internet course at their local high school.
You guys that are fed up, just ignore the n00b questions. Those of us that want to help, will. It's no big deal. Some of you guys have a strange need to lash out at people that don't know as much about WRX performance as you do. It's weird to me.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
RayfieldsWRX said:
You guys that are fed up, just ignore the n00b questions. Those of us that want to help, will. It's no big deal. Some of you guys have a strange need to lash out at people that don't know as much about WRX performance as you do. It's weird to me.
there is a difference between not knowing a lot about the wrx and not knowing what a search is. for the people in the latter part of my statement, check my previous post.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts