Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My WRX has 10200 miles on it. About a month ago I noticed a slight vibration in my steering wheel when idling. It's vibrates for 1 sec, then stops for 1 sec.

I was just wondering if anyone else has this problem.

Thanks

·
Registered
814 Posts
Could be that your motor mounts are broken in more now.... Due to the boxer engine it will move more. If it bothers you, you can buy STi engine mounts which are stiffer.
Cameron

·
Registered
285 Posts
same thing happens to me ever since I bought the car at 45k miles. It happens when I'm accelerating also. Its like a quiet buzz behind the steering wheel I want to get rid of it so bad. Some one help!

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
you and EVERY other wrx owner.....I know I've seen a thread on how to eliminate that...I can't remember for the life of me how to do it, it's basically a couple of loose plastic clips that can be hardened up with some silicone sealant.

*searching for tutorial*

~Tim

·
Registered
389 Posts
Along these lines, does anyone else's car seem to get rougher when the heat kicks in? I know the AC pulls off the drive belt, but being in Syracuse I don't use the ac... ever. But when the kicks kicks on, the RPMs raise a little and the sound gets rough, like i turned on the AC. What's the deal? I didn't think heat ran off a belt???

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Scoobymods.com

Do a search for...............

"Silincing the Vin plate/defroster rattle panel"

It might not be the same rattle, But it,s all I can give ya

Shotgun

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ShotgunTC88 said:
Scoobymods.com

Do a search for...............

"Silincing the Vin plate/defroster rattle panel"

It might not be the same rattle, But it,s all I can give ya

Shotgun

I have that too but this problem isn't a noise. It's a vibration you can feel in the steering wheel.

Thanks for helping out :)

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
i get it too. brought it to the dealer, even put his hand where the vibration was. he swore up and down it was normal. take it how you want it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts