ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took the advice of the forecasters, and left Tampa for Central FL. We're in Orlando, near Sea World, and then get the news its skipping Tampa and coming for Orlando.

It was pretty neat. You couldn't open the hotel door, the wind pushed back so hard.

And you'll be glad to know that the WRX's alarm will go off continually in high speed winds. It must have sucked to be in the room near where I parked. It went off at least 40 times.

My band had a show in South FL Saturday night, so we got to drive throught the Ft. Myers destruction too. Some of the debris was unbelievable. :eek:

·
Registered
166 Posts
yeah it sucks. i have no power and was staying at disney for two days. then decided to come up to my uncle's and install my up and downpipe. stupid hurricane, i got it all on tape though.

·
Registered
22 Posts
man i was at work for the past eight days. charley hit on my birthday 8/13/04, what a great birthday present i got to stay at work. i worked 125 hours in the past two weeks. it might have been cool for you but i am still with out power at my house. rip to the deputy who lost his life leaving the sheriff's office in charlotte county. i went up there Monday to help out with the SO and it is terrible to see all of the damage. it made me realize how lucky i was because i only live 20 mins away from charlotte county SO.

jeff

·
Registered
37 Posts
yeah charlie screwed me over pretty well. i JUST got power back tonight, i was going insane. ......my car was covered in leaves and dirt, it almost looked like a real rally car haha.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its really weird, how most of us in Tampa are relieved it did not hit here, but that just means other people are going through hell.

I can only imagine the destruction had it hit the more populated Tampa Bay area. The pictures I've seen of Port Charlotte aren't very nice at all. Good luck to you guys down there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts