ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Owner of a month-old STi WRB/silver. I'm up in kettle falls, about 90 mins north. Looking to see if there is a club in the area, or a team, or anything like that.

Also to see if there is a decent AWD dyno in Spokane.

KF_Aviator

·
Registered
30 Posts
I live outside of Spokane (in Liberty Lake). I see plenty of WRXs around here (and tons of Subies in general) but haven't seen anyone in the forum.

Just a bump. I don't know about any dynos :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well Camp has sold 3-4 STi's thus far total, so they are out there. Dunno if the 'other' Subaru dealer has sold any, or if the one in Cd'A has either. I assume there must be 5-6 of them in the greater Spokane area.

But yeah, WRX's are everywhere, which is fine by me. They are nice too.

I used to live down in Otis Orchards until a couple years ago. Got out of there!

KF_aviator

·
Registered
33 Posts
sti

There are 4 or so subs that show up to auto x in spokane. The next 1 is in the middle of aug. at srp. Should be one of the fastest races of the season. autosportsnorthwest.org
cody

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Cody -

Thanks for the information. I read through a bunch of it including the novice guide. I have a compressor but it is electric and thus needs juice to run. Do they have accomodations for that, or do people just air up at the nearest gas station and take it easy on the 40's around?

The only other thing i guess i would have to do is take out my woof box from the trunk as its technically loose, and the floormats...

Sounds like a heck of a lot of fun.

Maybe I'll see you up there next month. I saw there was another WRB STi in the photos. I also saw that one of the best drivers up there has an Evo. That needs to change (lol).

Take care,

KFAviator
aka Kenn

·
Registered
33 Posts
spo

They will have electricity out there but I just stop by a gas station and leave my compressor at home. I hope to see you there, it is alot of fun and i'd love to see you take down the evo. If you need to go really fast before then you can always come to the friday night street races at srp. They are pretty fun as well. cody

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I lived in Otis from 93-01, just off the river between Barker and Harvard.

It would be great if there was a WRX/Sti club around here. I do events with motorcycles, like poker runs and such. It would be fun to see a long line of scoobies rolling down the street. Up here in Colville/ Kettle Falls area there are Subarus everywhere, but most of them are of 80's vintage. But it speaks well of the reliability and usefulness they have. I had a 96 before my STI and I think Subaru is the best thing going. If I had the money I would set up a Suby dealership in Colville. I bet on parts and maintenance alone it would do well, let alone selling new ones.

There is a WRB WRX in Colville, probably an 04. Then my STI in KF. It gets comments from anyone from teens to a logging truck guy in his 60's today. Definitely turns heads.

04 WRB/Silver STI

1 - 9 of 9 Posts