Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
It was probably the Rocket Scientist from Tennesse that wanted to put WRX parts in a Panos. His username was made about the same time as he changed Scourge or what ever it was. Hey Blazin, if you have time, maybe accidently email me his IP address if was the same on all his posts. I need some practice, hehe. Ohh wait, now it is terrorism and I can go to jail for like 30 years for scanning him.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Be carefull with that stuff... Root is right.. with the new bill I don't even think it's legal to talk about that crap (okay maybe not quite that bad) but they definatelly went overbored.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I don´t really follow the news that much, and that sort of stuff does not really make headlines around here.... ne one care to tell me about that bill? Whats it about cyber terrorism or so?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Well the feds had the bright idea to make hacking into a terrorism crime. They have no variance to the crime either. Some people break into sites for the wrong reasons, they should be prosecuted, most others do it to see if they can, and back up the site and tell the admin how they did it. Basicaly you can get like a 10 year minumum sentence and stuff. I am glad I good paid to do it instead of trying it for fun. I used to work for an internet security company, part of our contract was us busting into your companies network. It was fun while it lasted, darn start-up companies. I have been fiddling around at home compromising Win2k and rooting Linux boxes. I am teaching myself alot.

·
Registered
333 Posts
...hmmmm I see. That does indeed suck! Hey you can always move to another country, and as long as you don´t mess with the pentagon system or so you can still do anything you want and no one will bother to go after you.... ;) lol....

·
Registered
470 Posts
Actually it goes even a little deeper tahn what root said:

Under the new bill not only are you given what I believe is a manditory 15 year sentence for doing it. If someone showed you how or told you where to find information on how to do it they could be sentenced the same regardless of their intent or if they even knew yours.

How does this translate to me: Well my school has to change the networking protocols class they offer next year or considering they teach us how to snoop on a network and teach us the security holes in TCP & IP & UDP, etc if we were to use this knowledge to break the law they could now be held accountable as well for teaching us. This is where it becomes a crock of shit and pisses me off. Well anyway at least I had the class while it still was good :)

·
Registered
470 Posts
Hey root.. (In short) Just make sure you have permission to be rooting/testing those boxes (if they're not yours) in writing would be safest now. Then you are all good... Oh and if you learn anything truly cool or unique pass it on :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts