ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did the search I swear. I just wanted to get input on this. I have a set of wheels at home. 17 x 7 on 215/45's and yes the 38" offset.

Can someone give me some feedback on whether this is a bad idea (bearing issues)? Looks like this...

·
Moderating on the run!
12,477 Posts
mid forty's is about the "limit" on 7" wheels IMO- I run 46mm on my Volks and that is pushing it. Your wheel bearings will be under more stress, you'll find tramlining much increased as well.

Your choice though- they will "fit" if their the right bolt pattern.

Big Sky

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was going to direct the question to you, Big Sky. I knew you would know. The bolt pattern is a match, but like you said, the risk is too high. I will be leaving this thing for my Accord. Thanks!

I also tried to see earlier today if Nasioc had anything and I did see the same info you gave. Thanks again!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Big Sky WRX said:
mid forty's is about the "limit" on 7" wheels IMO- I run 46mm on my Volks and that is pushing it. Your wheel bearings will be under more stress, you'll find tramlining much increased as well.

Your choice though- they will "fit" if their the right bolt pattern.

Big Sky
What he said, Id go 48+ just to be safe. Its your choice though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all, sorry to revive this WAY OLD thread, but I need some advice ASAP. I did a search on 2008 impreza w/ 38 offset but did not find anything, so decided it's time for me to join and ask for myself.

I have ordered some Work Cr-Kai wheels 18x8.5 +38 offset because I wanted to go for the semi-concave look instead of the Flat Face and not sure if I made a good decision after doing some more research. I have a 2008 impreza WRX sedan (not STI). I was told it would fit good and look great, but I knew nothing about wheel fitment. Can anyone give me some input on this? Should I of settled for the the 18x7.5 +48 offset Flat Faced wheel to save myself some headaches (bearings, rubbing)? Would the +38 offset stick out to much and look like an old rollerskate or would it still be somewhat flush with my fenders? I've seen pictures of some, but they were mostly all on STI's or older WRX's.

Any help or opinions would be much appreciated,
Thanks in advance

·
Moderating on the run!
12,477 Posts
38 is a little on the low side, but 8.5" is a little on the wide side :)

as you increase width, you have to decrease offset (or use spacers) as you run out of inboard room and will rub

clearly much safer w/ a 7.5" et 48 rim as far as fitment and bearing wear goes, but my guess (only a guess- I've never run that low of offset) you should be fine

look in the sticky for a wheel offset calculator- you plug in the info and it will compare against stock (or any other combo you want to look at)

fitment will also be dependent on the tire you choose, keep that in mind

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for quick response Big Sky. Looks like I will stick with them and hopefully they won't stick out too much from my fenders.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah, I tried the one at 10101tires.com. It says the outboard would increase about 1 inch. Looks like the rears will be fine, I'm just worried about the front ones sticking out too much. I wish the shop would have some samples of some sort to test fit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts