ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well today me and my friend were talking about how its becoming a hassle. I'm not even close to being ''heavily'' modded. All I got is turboback and uppipe but the car is loud without silencer. Cops are always staring at me as I drive by, It seems to get all the wrong type of attention. Not to mention the rev happy ricers who have even asked me to race with my dad or grandma in my car. My friend has a lightly modded 350z and his pretty much thinking the same. Plus i just spent the weekend at Palm Springs (vacation spot in california) in a friends 2002 mb e430 which was very comfortable and nice. No noisy headaches, no nothing. I dont know but sometimes i just think about trading in my car for something simple yet comfortable. I was thinking about Acura TSX or Acura TL. But of course i dont want to abandon the Suby, i was also considering legacy gt or just getting a STI or maybe even EVO. But the problem with STI and EVO is i will not be able to just leave it alone. I know i will mod it and i wont even have to worry about tranny with STI so who knows what i'll end up doing to it. Anyone else ever think about this once in a while and just wish they had some simple semi luxury car??


sorry for the rant
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
389 Posts
only thing i hate bout my car is the power i lose when using defrost or AC. My shifts feel all screwed up and the gear changes are jerky. i try to never use the ac or defrost so maybe im just not use to it thats why its so jerky


but other than that i love taking my car in the rain/dry weather. havnt gotten the chance for the snow yet but in a couple months >_<
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,806 Posts
I'm right there with you. I love the car, and I love how loud it is, everything about it...but I'm starting to realize (after 2 years) that I can't really afford it. My credit card debt is going up at the same rate my car loan is going down...meaning I'm buying the car with Mastercard :rolleyes:
It sucks. I don't know what to do. Right now I'm looking for a second job just to help pay for it, and it's worth it (for me) to work weekends just to keep the car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
642 Posts
AwdTurboWrx said:
Anyone else ever think about this once in a while and just wish they had some simple semi luxury car??

nope .. not yet, at least. thats what i like about the APS exhaust on my wrx .. not very loud at all, but the performance is there. i never get looked at by cops .. only by other enthusiasts. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
495 Posts
in a word NO :D I am newbie to turbos, sports cars, and AWD and the only thing I wish to high heaven about my car is that they wouldn't void the warranty for driving like it is supposed to be driven, so what is the response to that, screw the warranty and just mod like crazy and make it the car you really want (oh, and I wish my insurance wouldn't have gone up 500 a year) :D

I love my car, last night at like 2am my girl asked if I wanted to drive 40 miles to get doughnuts for the morning, just joking of course, and I jumped out of the chair and was gone before she said what she wanted me to get, I had to call her when I was hallf way there cause I forgot to ask her, I LOVE MY CAR!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,370 Posts
When I bought my car I had no idea about the STi coming or that it even existed. So I wish I would have waited a few months and I would have gottin the STi.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27,068 Posts
I dont regret getting the rex... I love the car! And I also have a greddy evo exhaust, so my car is not that loud at all.... but I understand what you are saying, and I am right there with you.

I am getting tired of modding... This is my 3rd fairly modded car, and 4th car with aftermarket parts on it in general. Its not as much about the money, but its more about the fact that it seems that will every mod I do, My car loses a little bit of refinement. I want a car that offers luxury and sport in a perfect balance, and wont have me wanting to mod it past basic wheel/tire stuff.
Right now though, I am still young (19) and love my wrx... just getting tired of the constant urge for more power, and how everytime you add a new part, it feels like you are comprimising quality, refinement, etc.....

I dont have the cash for a car that would suit my needs, but for right now, the wrx is the best all-around car I could ask for:D
AWD, fast, reliable, quality build, etc....

I plan to keep this car for quite some time, but my next car will be something that incorperates something that has more luxury AND sport.
E55 AMG
M5
M3
G35c
s4
legacy GT

even thought its not that fast, and all... My grandpa's 03' TL-s is a very nice car. very well rounded as well.. but alas (no MT) for me to drive an automatic... its gotta be a beast like the E55 or a 7spd trans like the new M5



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
889 Posts
AwdTurboWrx said:
Anyone else ever think about this once in a while and just wish they had some simple semi luxury car??


sorry for the rant
When i had my auto wrx, i didn't really think about this at all. I was very into "modding" still. After moving into the Stage 4 range, my tranny was starting to give out. At this point, I realized how much money i was spending and started to think if this was really worth it. Eventually i decided it wasn't worth it anymore and started to part out the car.

I recently bought a G35 coupe and i don't regret it one bit. I was looking at an EVO or STi but just as you said, if i got one of these, i would have to mod it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
DTR rex said:
I dont regret getting the rex... I love the car! And I also have a greddy evo exhaust, so my car is not that loud at all.... but I understand what you are saying, and I am right there with you.

I am getting tired of modding... This is my 3rd fairly modded car, and 4th car with aftermarket parts on it in general. Its not as much about the money, but its more about the fact that it seems that will every mod I do, My car loses a little bit of refinement. I want a car that offers luxury and sport in a perfect balance, and wont have me wanting to mod it past basic wheel/tire stuff.
Right now though, I am still young (19) and love my wrx... just getting tired of the constant urge for more power, and how everytime you add a new part, it feels like you are comprimising quality, refinement, etc.....

I dont have the cash for a car that would suit my needs, but for right now, the wrx is the best all-around car I could ask for:D
AWD, fast, reliable, quality build, etc....

I plan to keep this car for quite some time, but my next car will be something that incorperates something that has more luxury AND sport.
E55 AMG
M5
M3
G35c
s4
legacy GT

even thought its not that fast, and all... My grandpa's 03' TL-s is a very nice car. very well rounded as well.. but alas (no MT) for me to drive an automatic... its gotta be a beast like the E55 or a 7spd trans like the new M5

well you were wanting a rex for a while so i wouldnt think you'd have regrest yet..but like you said..losing that refinment..i put my silencer back on but it cuts back my boost and it loses power ..doesnt feel 2 good


oh guys...dont get me wrong..i love my wrx..i love the look om mustang drivers faces after getting smoked by a ''frog looking car'' ...i love it when they just dont know what it can do and they get shocked after you get a nice launch on them
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
676 Posts
my car is silver and beatiful with a little bling, bling to it. i do not regretted at all. i'm getting a motorcycle next, cause i'm sick and tired of traffic in socal.:mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
b4437 said:
my car is silver and beatiful with a little bling, bling to it. i do not regretted at all. i'm getting a motorcycle next, cause i'm sick and tired of traffic in socal.:mad:

that's a damn good idea...having a daily driver....my cousin leased a civic when they had a special for like 100 bucks a month 3 year lease..saves gas and its reliable..than wrx can be modded all i want
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top