Subaru WRX Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to get inspected this morning, and the facility I went to did a visual check and an OBD test. I failed (I have a straight-piped bugeye running the cobb stage 3 map for the VF39) but I'd like to keep my exhaust like it is(mainly because its expensive as hell and I already put money into a catless downpipe and everything). Anyone know a place that I can get inspected that won't fail me for not having a cat?

·
Super Moderator
10,897 Posts
It's illegal, and you should probably find the correct exhaust you need to pass. That's really the only acceptable answer

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it will but the issue is that I'm leaving for college in a few weeks and if my car isn't inspected I can't drive it. I don't think I'd have enough time to get a new downpipe and replace all of the stuff that it needs to pass.

·
Water.....sometimes waves
1,611 Posts
Sorry, can't help with a shop. If it were upstate NY I "may" have been able to help. But I am leaning toward XJman's 'can't condone illegal stuff' notion anyway.

·
Super Moderator
10,897 Posts
Depends on what they are looking for. Legally anything besides a factory or factory replacement unit will fail. However most are not the highest trained and a single cat may get you through

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I found a cobb 3 inch catted downpipe on craigslist that I'm going to buy, the only thing is I don't know if I'll need to get another one because it's kind of small

·
Super Moderator
10,897 Posts
What do you mean it's kinda small

·
Master Baiter
12,649 Posts
If you happened to find a shop that did you a favor and passed you illegally, they could be fined by the state, and lose their inspection license. You know how successful shops are that can't perform state inspections? Not very.

You want a shop that does the customer a favor to get outed on a public forum? Not happening.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.