ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if you have a kartboy short throw shifter, let me know how it feels, is it worth it? And if you did the installation yourself, how hard was it for the average DIY? how long did it take? thanks

·
Registered
818 Posts
i have one and i love it, very well built, reduces throws about 40% which is VERY noticable. installation was very easy, the hardest part was getting the new shifter in the socket, if you have a rubber mallet you can make quick work of it though. installation is take stock out, put new one in, nothing special, nothing hard, enjoy it.

·
Registered
818 Posts
since i installed this ive had to double clutch a lot more, not sure whether to account that to the SS or not. but dont feel like you can shove it into gears now that you have a shorter throw, our 5mts are fragile all things consitered and if it doesnt want to go into gear, abort, double clutch and try again, that usually gets her, and if that doesnt work, shift back into the previous gear and then slip it into the new gear, rev-matching where applicable idealy. enjoy the new shifter though and take the oppertunity to master double clutching, rev-matching and heel-toe shifting, your driving experience will become noticably more enjoyable and your tranny will thank you.

·
Registered
367 Posts
i have a karboy ss, and i have no complaints. just make sure you install it with the bushings that come with the shifter. im still currently using the kartboy w/ oem bushings and its a bit notchy, but its still better than the oem shifter.

·
Registered
27,068 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts