ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title implies, I got a new alarm for the wagon and need some help installing it. I was going to have one of my buddies who works at Best Buy mobile install help me, but his work schedule is out of control, so it'll probably be a while till he's got some free time.

The alarm I got is the Viper 791vx, so it's *slightly* more complicated than most alarm systems. I would definitely provide lunch and beer to anyone who helps me out. Thanks,

Ryan

·
Registered
186 Posts
I ain't gonna lie, although for that system lunch and beer are almost not enough. I have installed plenty of those systems since I also am an installer at BB, they are quite complex. If it is just going into a WRX though it is very simple to find all the wiring that you need. Wish I could have helped you out more man, that alarm is tits!

·
Registered
553 Posts
Wish I could help too.... I used to do that stuff for a living... but no more. If you get totally stuck and can send a schematic I can help out.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sweet, thanks analog. I think I can install it, i'm just intimidated by all the wires and exactly how to run them. From most of what I've read, its not the alarm, but the install that really makes it a challege for theives to steal your ride.

·
Registered
164 Posts
u don't have to worry about most theives stealing your car, most theives target more out to acura and hondas because there parts are more valuable on the street. thats not to say that a subaru will never get stolen, its just the probablity is a lot lower. But my suggestion is to make a kill switch for your fuel pump. since most alarm nowadaya can be bypass, this is probably the cheapest and easiest way to protect your investment

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not exactly worried about people stealing my ride as much as how AMAZINGLY cool the alarm I got is. I can remote start my ride from up to a 1/4 mile away, and I get confirmation on my LCD pager that it started. It also has a built in turbo timer, like 50 different beeping/chirps, and a ton of other features. Really, the turbo-timer I wanted would have cost me as much as this alarm, so it was a no-brainer for me.

Did I mention my Best Buy discount rules!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts