ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of starting or (joining a existing) local WRX club... Anyone up for it???

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess there is only 3 WRX's in Orlando :)
Anyway... I was thinking of meeting up, once a week... Say stake and shake on 436, where the motorcycle gang meets (I am one of them) :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
radical78 said:
I guess there is only 3 WRX's in Orlando :)
Anyway... I was thinking of meeting up, once a week... Say stake and shake on 436, where the motorcycle gang meets (I am one of them) :D
You know there is a rather large meeting scheduled next Saturday at Wing House (436 & University). See this thread from the Southeast Region of i-club:
http://forums.i-club.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=238417

·
Registered
91 Posts
oooggss, was you the one i encountered today at Mills and Fairbanks?
it was a black wrx but i didn't recognize until he revved it up when i passed by.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got my WRX 2 days ago:D .....i live in winter garden( West Orlando)
I would be down for a meet or a club type thing. It will be stock until i hit 1,000 miles. And then i'll start changing the pipes and probably a boost controller too.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I was in Orlando this past weekend. I did not see one solitary WRX. Missed mine, driving a Toyota rental car but at least that was way better than my Dad's POS Voyager. I had to drive out Hwy 441 to Lake County to visit my parents. How do you guys stand all these flat, straight, speed-restricted roads and slower old retiree drivers ? It would drive me nuts. Even I4, 50mph posted speed limit in town. :eek:

·
Registered
21 Posts
ScoobySteve said:
How do you guys stand all these flat, straight, speed-restricted roads and slower old retiree drivers ? It would drive me nuts. Even I4, 50mph posted speed limit in town. :eek:
The roads aren't that great, but there are some fun trails in the rural parts of town. Also a few nice roads with S-curves in them as well. However, you have to know Orlando pretty well to find them. As far as 50mph on I-4, if you go that slow you run the risk of being run over by about 10 cars. Do watch out for the po-po though, they'll get ya if you don't pay attention.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts