ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering going with the Vishnu Stage 0 modification and am looking for WRX owners with this upgrade in the Carlsbad or Encinitas area to check out your car and see how you like the mod. If you're interested in talking with me about your mod let me know.

·
Registered
7 Posts
just saying its easier to have something that meets your needs if you are going to do any more upgrades past the Vishnu or Turbo XS. Since once you change something past the kits it doesnt work for the way the chips r mapped. Dont do chips do it right with a stand alone ecu or af controler or a Greddy e manage.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Da Subaru Guy said:
just saying its easier to have something that meets your needs if you are going to do any more upgrades past the Vishnu or Turbo XS. Since once you change something past the kits it doesnt work for the way the chips r mapped. Dont do chips do it right with a stand alone ecu or af controler or a Greddy e manage.
Ok, but what is a stand alone ECU? Does it mean that you should not touch your ECU with aftermarket chips? :confused:

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Da Subaru Guy said:
yes, dont touch them...especially if you are plannning on doing more upgrades.
So, I can get more power without a chip? If I just put on all the bolt-on parts for power, it would make more hp & tq without the chip? Oh wait. I think I get it now. With a contoller such as the Greddy E-Manage, I can install ANY companys parts and make them work together, right? But if I used a TurboXS chip or something, I could only use THEIR parts since they were designed to work together, correct?....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts