ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a plan with Verizon and I'm looking to get a camera phone because I'm always seeing cool stuff, but I never have a camera with me!. They offer several that look good, but I'm not really sure. I want it to be able to take pics that are at least 640x480. I also want it to support digital and analog signals (there are some places around here where I can only get analog). Finally, I want to be able to easily transfer said pictures to my computer.

Do any of you have a camera phone from Verizon?
Can you make any suggestions?
:confused:

Here's what I found:

-LG VX6000
-Audiovox CDM8900
-Samsung SCH-a670
-LG VX7000
-Motorola V710

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I am a Verizon customer...I had the LG VX6000 for about a year.

It took ok pics, nothing fancy but considering it was a camera phone it was ok. The thing that sucked was it had NO FLASH...that really pissed me off a lot of times. The other thing that sucks about camera phones in general, you have to pay extra money to upload pics to and from the phone to a "digital hard drive" on their network that you can access from your home computer. You can email them, but that costs money too...

No clue on the other phones, maybe someone else can chime in, I would definetly recommend getting a camera phone with a flash though!

·
Registered
5,825 Posts
i have the LG VX6000 and have had no problems as far as service goes and getting calls etc etc...but as far as pics go..it has really horrible quality and i wouldn't reccomend it if that's your concern. My brother has some motorolla phone w/cingular and the pictures he takes are like some low quality digi cam pics i've seen.

·
Banned
389 Posts
i have verizon dsl
and sprint cell phone service

sprint sucks. or maybe my phone.. or maybe both

Nextel for me in the new year

·
Registered
642 Posts
my wife got a killer deal on the nokia 6820 w/ attws using the ibm plan.

it has camera phone like u want, and on high quality, does a very decent job on pics. it does not do 640x480 tho.

it has a keyboard on it for quick sms mssgs, bluetooth and infrared to connect to your laptop (they have a pc suite that makes it easy to transfer info/files) ... it's a gsm phone, so its got a sim card as well.

·
Registered
5,825 Posts
camell0 said:
my wife got a killer deal on the nokia 6820 w/ attws using the ibm plan.

it has camera phone like u want, and on high quality, does a very decent job on pics. it does not do 640x480 tho.

it has a keyboard on it for quick sms mssgs, bluetooth and infrared to connect to your laptop (they have a pc suite that makes it easy to transfer info/files) ... it's a gsm phone, so its got a sim card as well.

woah

·
Registered
9,023 Posts
I think the biggest problem that you are going to have is finding a newer phone that has both digital and analog signals.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
i have verizon with that vg6000 thing..yeah. I hate cell phones, the picture quality isnt tooo bad, ..you can just email yourself the pictures...OR

pick up a cable..plug it into your computer..download ring tones, pictures, games, etc...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts