ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
Tool is my 3rd favorite band behind Zepplin and Metallica. I wan just sit in my room, put on any album, and just zone out for a long time. The tracks change so smoothly its awsome. One of the best bands around. APC..... well, they are good, but i enjoy the origional Tool more.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
I saw A Perfect Circle when they toured with NIN a while back, and I saw them once when they were headlining. They were good both times.

I have only seen Tool once like three years ago, and I thought that they sucked really badly. I was extremely disappointed in their performance.

As far as their recorded music, I like both of A Perfect Circle's CDs, and Tool's CDs before Lateralis.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
a perfect circle is one of my sisters favorite bands. She just got their logo tattoed on her left arm.

alex g.

·
Registered
746 Posts
overwrxed24 said:
a perfect circle is one of my sisters favorite bands. She just got their logo tattoed on her left arm.

alex g.
I can't see getting a band logo inked on ya. thats just me though. If its your band I suppose that would be different.

eh to each their own;)

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
astricii said:
I can't see getting a band logo inked on ya. thats just me though. If its your band I suppose that would be different.

eh to each their own;)
I agree. I mean, what if they start to suck down the road? How would you feel if you were a big fan of Three Dollar Bill, Y'All and got a Limp Bizkit tattoo . . .

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
I like about half of Tool's songs... that's because if you listen to any CD only about half of the stuff on there is an actual song. If you don't have material, you should wait to put out an album, period. :rolleyes: But, I do like the actual songs they do.

-snowcat

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
snowcat said:
I like about half of Tool's songs... that's because if you listen to any CD only about half of the stuff on there is an actual song. If you don't have material, you should wait to put out an album, period. :rolleyes: But, I do like the actual songs they do.

-snowcat
You've got a good point. I could care les about babies crying, cookie recipies in German or synthesized ions. Do some more drugs, Maynard.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
I have most of Tool's albums, I enjoy a good portion of their songs, I think they are a great band for being somewhat in the pop spotlight.

-joe

·
Moderating U!
6,318 Posts
I have all of Tool's albums. And I must say they put on a POWERFUL performance. Their music has so much power behind it, it is hard NOT to like it. And their drummer is phenomenal.

When Tool played at San Jose State Even Center a few years back, they did THEIR version of Ted Nugent's song, STRANGLE HOLD. It was the most awesome song I have ever heard them play. They outperformed Ted Nugent by a mile.

I sure hope they come out with something soon. I have never really liked A Perfect Circle or their music.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Tool is my favorite band, bar none. I've been listening to them for well over ten years (since Undertow), and every album has had a lot of meaning for me. It's weird, but it seems like their evolution parallels mine sometimes.

I've seen Tool in concert twice. The first time was the "preseminal" tour in '01, the second was in '02 for the Lateralus stadium tour. That one was a wedding present from my best man.

Oddly, I can't get into APC. I have all of the albums, but they don't grab me like Tool does.

Opiate and Lateralus are currently in my WRX CD changer.

Second favorite is Primus or anything with Les Claypool. I am the Antipop!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts