ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Im looking to buy a short shifter for my 07 wrx, i was wondering if you guys recommended any specific brand? thanks

·
"Supreme Subaphile Extraordinairre"
2,190 Posts
Cobb doesn't make hard parts anymore...... but if you can find a Cobb double-adjustable shifter on ebay or something.... get it. Best you can buy... hands down.

Kartboy makes a great product..... the only problem is that there are hundreds of aftermarket knock-offs, that are essentially the same thing. Kinda difficult to justify the price when there are "no-namers" out there of the same structural quality, but one-third the price, you know?

Subydude (now wheeldude) used to make a single-adjustable shifter... thats what I have, and I love it... not sure if they still make it though.

Stay away from the Perrin "shifter-relocator" thingy.... read a lot of bad reviews on that.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
ninefourteener said:
Kartboy makes a great product..... the only problem is that there are hundreds of aftermarket knock-offs, that are essentially the same thing. Kinda difficult to justify the price when there are "no-namers" out there of the same structural quality, but one-third the price, you know?
Gimmick Motorsports is one of the Kartboy knockoffs, and it has a tendency to snap in half (right above or below [forget which] where the pivot bushings go in) mid-shift

Kartboy quality control FTW

·
Registered
431 Posts
Cobb doesn't make hard parts anymore...... but if you can find a Cobb double-adjustable shifter on ebay or something.... get it. Best you can buy... hands down.
+1 i found a cobb dbl adj. on ebay for a decent price with a shiftknob included..i love how you can adjust how short the throws are and how high/low you want the shift know

1 - 7 of 7 Posts