ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
coil2sti25 said:
cool.. thats what i wanted to hear :)

how tough was the install?

im going to try to install my pulley and radiator in the same day.
Easy install, just put the car in 5th and use a breaker bar to loosen the stock one.

·
Registered
222 Posts
how do u like it? what can u feel about the car?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
its nice, car revs a bit faster.
Effects feel similar to lightweight flywheels that have been added to previous cars that I've owned (prelude and intergra).
It is a great cheap little mod (under $150) and install was cake.
(Only thing that kept me from doing it alone was the fact that I needed a 250 LB muscular guy and a 3 foot breaker bar to break the torque on the stock pulley)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Put Perrin pulley on this AM. 30 min job.

Plastic cover held on by 10mm bolt, 10mm nut, and plastic tab.

2 pulley tensioners and 2 lock nuts all 12mm lossens both belts.

22mm 1/2" drive socket and a breaker bar with car in 5th and parking brake pulled up tight and the crank pulley came right off.

Perrin pulley slides on, torques to 90ft/lbs per their directions and then the belts slide back on, tighten up with the tensioner bolts and torque down the lock nuts to 16-18 ft/lbs.

Plastic cover replaced and snugged on.

Minimal difference in performance, possibly slightly quicker revving.

I like it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I put mine on this past weekend. Easy mod. I picked it up used so I didn't know the tq specs. I just snugged it with a breaker bar and a 2ft extension. I'm guessing that's more than 90 ft lbs. I used anti sieze though on the threads. :D

Revs up a lil quicker for sure. I needed it with the FMIC. :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
you will regret it at the end, on my auto wrx i had the crank pulley for 30k then missfires, crank bent, its just not worth it in IMHO!

when people used to tell me its not worth it i didnt listen to them at all! but now i regret it

·
Banned
566 Posts
WRXout said:
you will regret it at the end, on my auto wrx i had the crank pulley for 30k then missfires, crank bent, its just not worth it in IMHO!

when people used to tell me its not worth it i didnt listen to them at all! but now i regret it
This is not the first time that I have heard that a pulley can cause a misfire why is this?

·
Administrator
26,609 Posts
WRXout said:

I'm sorry Fadi, but do you have any clue what you are talking about? If your crank was "bent" Your engine wouldn't be running. You had misfires with or without the pulley and multiple other problems, so how can you post advice on this?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts