Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wondering who has an upgraded TMIC out there and what you think of it compared to stock, or if adding a water spayer to the stock one helped much? I think that the advantage of a larger TMIC is better flow and less boost loss, but it still suffers from heat soak. Better yet any one with both an upgraded TMIC and water sprayer kit?

I am somewhat considering a FMIC, but I am not really wanting to hack up the front bumper brace. If someone made one that fit without cutting the brace I may consider it.

Troy

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
i don't have either, but I was considering the water speayer for a while. every shop I've been to advised me against it for a myriad of reasons....basically its a poor man's answer to a larger intercooler, and a pretty problematic one. in terms of bang for your buck, a bigger intercooler is one of the lowest cost:performance mods you can do. It really only helps in the top end, so unless you're on a race track or have a bag of money for your speeding tickets its something that will seldom make much difference.

·
Warning: MotorMatrix owes ClubWRX.net Advertiseme
97 Posts
i have the m2 big top mount intercooler and it seems to work great even on stock turbo. i think it is less restrictive than stock also. it come with cast aluminum piping which flows pretty good. all in all i am very happy with my top mount and probably wont go to a front mount ever. i like to keep the "sleeper" look. if anything im going to spray n2o on the intercooler to freeze it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts