ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2008 SSM WRX Hatch
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this normal??
This is the message i sent to Mishimoto support but haven't gotten a reply in 5days and I need to install asap.. anybody have this exact hose from Mishi that can confirm if mine is/isn't defective in any way?

"I just received my throttle body hose for my '08 WRX and noticed a deep dent in the silicone on the inside and 3 dots on the inside edge. Is this normal?..

Also, how is the hose oriented on the throttle body for the install?

Thank you for your time.
(3x pictures attached)"

I'm starting to think the dots are some sort of marker for correct orientation but the dent still has me thrown.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
2008 SSM WRX Hatch
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody?
They still aren't answering.
Ive never been flat out ignored by whats supposed to be a reputable company after purchasing their product.
Let alone ignored for 7 days.
Not happy.

·
Premium Member
10,758 Posts
They may well be out of the office for covid reasons.

As for that lump it's nothing I'm familiar with. It looks like an issue in the middle layer.

·
Registered
2008 SSM WRX Hatch
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats what I thought too but they finally responded and said it's normal and to help with installation?? Doesnt seem right..Can't see why they would lie but..

The stock hose has a paint dot on top (outside) from the factory to help with orientation..if they're referring to something like that, that has to be the worst way possible to replicate it short of drilling a hole strait through the thing. The dimple or dots isn't mentioned anywhere (videos, pics etc.) either. I asked them to show me another one so I could verify mine isnt unique/defective but get this...they haven't answered.

·
Registered
2008 SSM WRX Hatch
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update:
So Mishimoto replied again saying it is normal? They referred me to this video..

At 1:47 he explains it (sort of)
and at 2:00 you can actually faintly see it in there in his hand.

So no lies, no intentionally avoiding me..just f*&^%#' covid and an impatient customer thats going crazy, with a problematic subaru.
I still think the dimple is a horrible design for a very pricey coupler but let's be real..even if it did have a hole drilled straight through it, it would still be better than putting rubber cuffs on each end of a hose that sees regular pressure. Engineers sniff glue I swear.

But now I can finish what I was doing as soon as my PCV Assembly gets here! That particular company sent me 4 different years worth of parts so I was struggling with them too when this all started. Hopefully I'll get the right parts for that next week and can finally get it all done.

Note: I'll stop calling Mishimoto "Mitsubishi" out of frustration now aswell. Myyy bad lol

·
Premium Member
10,758 Posts
My 2011 that would have actually been great because lining that hose up was the bane to my existence. I missed that it protruded to the outside.

Yeah, at this point i don't get mad over long customer service situations. Many people are forced out of work and into precarious situations working at home. I know a guy who had to set up in his attic because his wife also works from home. They need the spare room for their dogs. So today where it's 90+ out he is baking in his attic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts