ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I've decided that its time to replace the stock stereo system and wanted to know what everyone thought about what I'm gonna put in.

For starters im putting in a JVC KW-HDR720 Radio in place of the stock one. JVC KW-HDR720 CD receiver at Crutchfield.com

Then I'm going to put Sound Ordnance B-24 Subs in the trunk but im not sure if this is going to be to much bass, I don't really wanna go deaf... Also I've never heard of Sound Ordnance before has anyone had any experience with them and how well they sound? Sound Ordnance™ B-24 Bandpass enclosure with two 12" subwoofers at Crutchfield.com

Then lastly I've decided that instead of new speakers I'm going to put a Alpine MRP-M500 amp along with the subs. Alpine MRP-M500 Mono subwoofer amplifier — 500 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms at Crutchfield.com

So let me know if you think this will be a good set up or what you'd put in and if the B-24 subs are going to be "too much" bass in the car.

·
turbo juice
112 Posts
i have the same hu and i love it...i only have one 12'' kicker cvr in a enclosed box and a 1800 watt kenwood mono class d amp... and its just right, when up shakes mirrors. also upgraded the door speakers with kenwoods and crossovers sounds great

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Alpine makes awesome stuff. I don't know much about car stereos other than that... ;)

Wait I do know one other thing: Crutchfield is the most expensive place to buy your stereo stuff from unless it's on sale for a LOT off! They're great to talk to about what to get and what'll fit your car, then go order it from somebody that doesn't charge full retail...

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
I have a diamond audio sub and amp, it dont seem like much but sounds awesome and it pretty loud

1 - 5 of 5 Posts