Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was interested in buying the red STi intake manifold, but was wondering if there are any differences? Are the runners any bigger in diameter? Does it flow more air? Will it bolt right onto a US-spec GDA? Thanks!

·
Registered
41 Posts
The only difference in the manifold is the red finish. Yes it is a direct bolt on. Just do like I did and have the factory USDM manifold Extrude Honed and take it to a powder coating place & have it coated crinkle finish red. Looks just the same & flows more air.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The STI intake mainifold doesnt have the TGV valves. Not proven but supposed to flow a little bit better.

If your intresed i have one for sale. I picked it up from japan and got it of a crashed STI. So it is used but still in good condition. Will let it go for $350.

I do live in Ca, the bay area.

·
Registered
679 Posts
BayAreaWRX said:
The STI intake mainifold doesnt have the TGV valves. Not proven but supposed to flow a little bit better.

If your intresed i have one for sale. I picked it up from japan and got it of a crashed STI. So it is used but still in good condition. Will let it go for $350.

I do live in Ca, the bay area.
But hte TGV are below the actualy intake manifold, so the manifold itself doesn't do anything but look good (which it does :cool: ).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts