Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think we should all go to one as a meet and at the same time have some fun with our cars, what do you guys think?

·
Registered
85 Posts
That is a great idea. There is an auto-x in San Diego on Dec. 9th. It's at Qualcomm Stadium. Who is interested?

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is december 8th a practice day? I think it would be better if we all showed up on a practice day becuase it would be a hassle for those who live in LA to drive all the way down there just for 3 runs.

·
Registered
85 Posts
As far as I can tell from the website, the only day to race is Dec. 9th. It doesn't say anything about the 8th.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I'm showing up at the Q this sunday for the auto-x. Gonna caravan with some I-**** guys down to SD. (Yeah, I know, sometimes I can be a traitor :p ) Anybody else going? Tim, Matt, Jorge, Rob, Matt (aka vrt.buddah)? I guess I'll see Todd at least.

Thien

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have to work until 3 pm. I will be by afterwards if anyone is still there.

·
Registered
26 Posts
yeah ill probabl roll down there. I also want to pick up a kartboy shifter. YAY my first mod. merry xmas to me. anyone going saturday?

Matt
02 wrx still damaged :(

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hello Everyone,
Is there a prepared schedule for upcoming auto-xs at Qualcomm? Thanks for any help...

·
Registered
49 Posts
LateApex, beware :)

IF I get the deal setup right, . . . . one Z3 Coupe is going bye bye and THEN there will be a WRX to give you a run for your money, hehehhe. But I prefer Cal Club up in the LA area.

1999:
SCCA Cal Club
1st in STR (Audi A4 1.8T FWD with Auto/Tip)
1st in AS (Z3 Coupe - switched cars in mid season)

BMWCCA - not only took CS (all 6, 8, and 12 cyl stock BMW's) every event, but blew away 90% of M-Mod (modified //M cars).

SCCA Cal Club
2nd SK1 - lost it to a ZR1 Vette driven by Jerry Green at the last event. Was mine to blow as I was in the points lead. A real bitch coming straight from a friends wedding in Vegas directly to the track :(

BMWCCA - just about the same as 99, but fewer events as now too many come, and can't always get entered :(

2001 - would have tied up 2nd if I didn't get burned out a bit in mid season and go to play paintball instead. Might have 3rd with enough points . . . .

Also, there seems to be a very large showing of Subes at the Cal Club events. So you'd have fun at these too!

Rocky Zamarocy
#476 SK1
2000 Z3 Coupe 2.8

·
Registered
42 Posts
cool!

It may be blasphemy on this forum, but I'd take a z3 coupe anyday over my WRX. :D Well, it'd be a tough decision anyway... practicality comes into play...

I'm actually closer to CalClub events, I just like hanging out with the SCIC guys down in SD. Hope to see you out there soon!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Well, to be honest - I like them both! Just can't keep both. I've had the Z for over 2 years now, and 50K miles. Its been very dependable, and did very good for me in AutoX. Beat cars you would not belive with it. And even though it feels "old" to me now, I STILL get stopped all over the place with folks asking about it!

But its getting outdated real fast - a guy with an M3 is now beating the crap outta me (went from me beating him by 3-5 seconds to him beating me by 2-3!) as well as the Vettes I was tangling with in our class. Also, if I get the WRX . . . .

1) my monthly loan payment will drop by almost $100

2) insurance will drop by near $40 a month

3) I am over with the honeymoon - the FREE maintenance and warranty till 50k miles - so now I will have to start paying for BMW service and parts - OUCH!!!!!!!!!

And so its time for something new . . . . now if you want to TRADE???? :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts