Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if there are any new 6 speed transmissions that can just bolt up to my 2002 wrx? Will the STI trans bolt up? I was also wondering if maybe an older wrx sti transmission would bolt up since it would be very easy to get a used 6 speed from japan. If there are any 6 speed bolt up transmissions let me know please and the price if you know it.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
The new STi will not directly fit, but to get the 6speed tranny setup will run you over $6000 I believe. I know Godspeed sells them, www.godspeed.hack.net .
As for buying a old 6 speed tranny....good luck, the older STis didn't have a 6speed tranny. You can get a nice 5speed box however....but you also have to check the final ratio since various version STis used different finals than the current 3.9 on the WRX and WRX STi.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
the numbers I've seen to re-gear your WRX to STi specs about $8000 for parts (including final drive gear and a bunch of odds and ends needed to make the STi tranny "bolt up". probably another $2500 to have someone do the work. if you're going to spend that kind of money you're better off just waiting for the STi..and if you're willing to spend $10000 to upgrade your tranny you're getting into Audi S4 territory.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts