ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently i have been looking into Getting HID's.

I dont really know much about them, but i know i want them to be AMBER.

for both my fog lights and headlights.

last night at my weekly Suby meet in Miami.

i was talking about it with them. and they told me it would look bad because it isnt meant for it. and i am gonna lose light.

so i was wondering if you guys can post your wrx with hid's.

What brand you have and so on ..

thanks alot !

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
If you mean buying one of those kits that replaces your halogen lamps with HIDs, don't do it. The reflectors in your headlights were designed to put out light from a halogen lamp. If you put an HID lamp in it it throws everything off because the HID lamp put the light out differently. You won't be able to see as much, and oncoming traffic will be getting blinded as well. The only ways to get HIDs on your car are to either buy a set of STi headlights and the electronics to get them to work, or find a shop that will retrofit projectors into your headlight assemblys.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you mean buying one of those kits that replaces your halogen lamps with HIDs, don't do it. The reflectors in your headlights were designed to put out light from a halogen lamp. If you put an HID lamp in it it throws everything off because the HID lamp put the light out differently. You won't be able to see as much, and oncoming traffic will be getting blinded as well. The only ways to get HIDs on your car are to either buy a set of STi headlights and the electronics to get them to work, or find a shop that will retrofit projectors into your headlight assemblys.
wow that pretty much sums it up ..

thanks ..

now to find a set of 04-05 hid's

1 - 3 of 3 Posts