Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

So a few a days ago my car was just infested with ants, but luckily they're gone now because I placed these traps in the car and outside car--all while surrounding my car with other types of pesticide chemicals. Now there's even a bigger problem though. I had to get someone to power the battery for me or jump start it because it wouldn't start up after the ants left. I don't even know what he did to be honest. He literally took 3 seconds and said done, but I guess it worked because the car started up. However, now I'm getting the check engine light, vehicle dynamics light, the modes are just flashing(can't even switch modes, I have a CVT), cruise control is flickering as well. Does anyone know if this is normal after you do something to the battery or something? I mean it looks like its riding smooth and everything. I never floor it or red line or do anything of that sort and it has about 15k miles on it. Do you guys think I should take it into the dealership or will the signs go away on their own? Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What does the code say?
I just went to a Sabaru dealership right now and they gave me the codes: C2548(Vehicle Dynamics Control Module System) and B14A1(Sunload Sensor Circuit Low/Open). It literally runs fine so I'm not sure if that jump start or charging(or whatever he did) caused these temporarily.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What does the code say?
I just went to a Sabaru dealership right now and they gave me the codes: C2548(Vehicle Dynamics Control Module System) and B14A1(Sunload Sensor Circuit Low/Open). It literally runs fine so I'm not sure if that jump start or charging(or whatever he did) caused these temporarily.

·
Super Moderator
11,417 Posts
That depends, jump starting a car can cause issues. It could be related to the jump. I would perhaps consider having the battery checked

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That depends, jump starting a car can cause issues. It could be related to the jump. I would perhaps consider having the battery checked
Thanks for replying. Yeah that's what I'm thinking about doing as well. I don't think there's anything wrong with the car itself such as the engine, turbo, etc., it's running smooth and I take really good care of it. These damn ants ruined everything because some moth or something died in my engine. I think Im just going to have to replace the entire battery to be honest, do you know how much that's going to cost or if bumper to bumper insurance covers it?

·
Super Moderator
11,417 Posts
I wouldn't always trust seat of the pants diagnostics on modern engines. They are smart enough to entirely change fuel delivery and timing to save themselves from damage leaving you unaware of a larger problem.

What you describe doesn't strike me as a engine related issue. I believe the newer cars have a body control module that's finicky and easy to torch judging from a series of posts made years ago between several forums. If I were you I'd browse here and nasoic to see if you can find people with similar issues

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wouldn't always trust seat of the pants diagnostics on modern engines. They are smart enough to entirely change fuel delivery and timing to save themselves from damage leaving you unaware of a larger problem.

What you describe doesn't strike me as a engine related issue. I believe the newer cars have a body control module that's finicky and easy to torch judging from a series of posts made years ago between several forums. If I were you I'd browse here and nasoic to see if you can find people with similar issues
Yeah some of the signs are going away. I think I'm just being extra nervous and paranoid because nothing ever happened to this car before, but I think it'll be fine and was caused by the charging of the battery this morning. The guy did say the check engine light would go away, but it didn't, or maybe I just have to wait longer. Anyways, I appreciate the feedback & info from you. I have bumper to bumper insurance & warranty on that battery..so I'll just get it fixed haha.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
UPDATE: FIXED:

That dealership straight up lied to my face about having problems and different stories about why my engine light was on. Moral of the day, don't trust these assholes at the dealership, just use a bit of your common sense ;).

·
Registered
8 Posts
BEST post in some time: "Don't bug me!"

Hi guys,

So a few a days ago my car was just infested with ants, but luckily they're gone now because I placed these traps in the car and outside car--all while surrounding my car with other types of pesticide chemicals. Now there's even a bigger problem though. I had to get someone to power the battery for me or jump start it because it wouldn't start up after the ants left. I don't even know what he did to be honest. He literally took 3 seconds and said done, but I guess it worked because the car started up. However, now I'm getting the check engine light, vehicle dynamics light, the modes are just flashing(can't even switch modes, I have a CVT), cruise control is flickering as well. Does anyone know if this is normal after you do something to the battery or something? I mean it looks like its riding smooth and everything. I never floor it or red line or do anything of that sort and it has about 15k miles on it. Do you guys think I should take it into the dealership or will the signs go away on their own? Thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts