ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

So a few a days ago my car was just infested with ants, but luckily they're gone now because I placed these traps in the car and outside car--all while surrounding my car with other types of pesticide chemicals. Now there's even a bigger problem though. I had to get someone to power the battery for me or jump start it because it wouldn't start up after the ants left. I don't even know what he did to be honest. He literally took 3 seconds and said done, but I guess it worked because the car started up. However, now I'm getting the check engine light, vehicle dynamics light, the modes are just flashing(can't even switch modes, I have a CVT), cruise control is flickering as well. Does anyone know if this is normal after you do something to the battery or something? I mean it looks like its riding smooth and everything. I never floor it or red line or do anything of that sort and it has about 15k miles on it. Do you guys think I should take it into the dealership or will the signs go away on their own? Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi guys,

So a few a days ago my car was just infested with ants, but luckily they're gone now because I placed these traps in the car and outside car--all while surrounding my car with other types of pesticide chemicals. Now there's even a bigger problem though. I had to get someone to power the battery for me or jump start it because it wouldn't start up after the ants left. I don't even know what he did to be honest. He literally took 3 seconds and said done, but I guess it worked because the car started up. However, now I'm getting the check engine light, vehicle dynamics light, the modes are just flashing(can't even switch modes, I have a CVT), cruise control is flickering as well. Does anyone know if this is normal after you do something to the battery or something? I mean it looks like its riding smooth and everything. I never floor it or red line or do anything of that sort and it has about 15k miles on it. Do you guys think I should take it into the dealership or will the signs go away on their own? Why check engine lights on but no codes, visit this link to find info if you concern. Thanks.
Have you figure out this issue or not? If not, you try to check if it has loose gas cap or not before taking to dealership.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
Jennitran
ClubWRX Forum
We invite you to join our Subaru Impreza WRX and STi community to discuss engine mods, builds, detailing, and more.
Full Forum Listing