ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Fellow 4EATers,

It seems like this part of the forum is is full of questions that has been repeated over and over and over again, and 99% of the time the questions asked can be answered purely by common sense.

Please note that I provide this advice based on personal preference, but imo it should hold true for the most part.

Precationary mods:

1. Tranny cooler (to cool the tranny fluid)
this will help cool the tranny after/during:
-repeated brake launches
-hot humid days
-track events-up/down shifting manually

2. Synthetic tranny/diff fluid (provide more lubrication)
-better fluid performance
-lasts longer then conventional tranny/diff fluid

3. Tranny temp guage (to know how hot/cold you're running)
-use your common sense here

4. Your brain (some are sharper than others)
-this is your biggest mod, this mod will alllow you to judge/percieve how well your car is running. Good judgement is the best modification...plus it's free......

Performance mods:

1. Torque converter (higher stall/higher RPM launch)
-gets the car in the powerband faster
-faster multiplication of TQ
-can launch harder then a stock 4EAT

2. Valve body (harder/firmer shifts)
-throttle oriented shifting
-will keep up with the power your modified car is making
-will shift as fast as you want it to

3. Shiftronic (F1 style shifting)
-allows the user to select upper/lower gears via buttons located on the wheel

4. Nitrous (power from a button)
-this is not idiot proof, so for idiots out there this may not be the mod for you (do research before hand)
-will get the car off the line faster/harder due to instant TQ

Questions/Answers

Q: How long will my 4EAT last if i abuse it?
A: only God knows, Do the precationary mods before you "abuse" your car...you pay to play..live with it...

Q: Do I need the: T/C, Valve body?
A: It depends on what your final goal for your car is, if you want to build a "track/drag" car then it might be a good idea, it'll feel better driving it as well

Q: Will my car break if I lauch it?
A: Again no one knows...do the precationary mods...and use the Brain mod (if you have it)

Q: Do I need a clutch/tranny cooler/guage?/etc......
A: I don't know..it's your car and not mine.....you decide and use common sense......

Q: What is a T/C, Valve Body etc.....
A: The internet is here for your personal research..nothing is better than learning at your own pace....educate your self about YOUR car and YOUR mods before you go around asking questions that YOU can answer. Nothing is more satisfiying than empowering yourself with knowledge...

Q: How much is alot of power for the 4EAT?
A: Power is relative..IMO (VF30/34 power is not enough, i prefer the heavy hitters **see below**)

Q: What do you consider Big turbos for the 4EAT?
A: I consider these big turbos: FP20G, Green, PE1820, AVO450, XS500
A: These are bigger ones: TO4R, T67, T51, T66, GT35R

THE BOTTOM LINE:

-The 4EAT is catching up to the 5/6speed in terms of performance but the #1 performance upgrade any car enthisiast can ever have is the use of their BRAIN...

-common sense makes a big difference.....

-Be prepared to break stuff..you got to pay to play

-Be different...the view never changes unless your the lead dog in a pack...

Regards

·
Moderating YOU, before you had your Subaru!
13,353 Posts
Arrrrrrrrrr stickied for ye scalawags! :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
SLOW4EAT said:
My Fellow 4EATers,

It seems like this part of the forum is is full of questions that has been repeated over and over and over again, and 99% of the time the questions asked can be answered purely by common sense.

Please note that I provide this advice based on personal preference, but imo it should hold true for the most part.

Precationary mods:

4. Your brain (some are sharper than others)
-this is your biggest mod, this mod will alllow you to judge/percieve how well your car is running. Good judgement is the best modification...plus it's free......

Good judgement is a quality of maturity, experience and the ability to ask otherwise stupid questions. A better way to phrase this would be;

4. Don't be afraid to ask questions! Everyone here was a noob at one time.

SLOW4EAT said:

Performance mods:

Q: What is a T/C, Valve Body etc.....
A: The internet is here for your personal research..nothing is better than learning at your own pace....educate your self about YOUR car and YOUR mods before you go around asking questions that YOU can answer. Nothing is more satisfiying than empowering yourself with knowledge...

If this is supposed to be an informative sticky, it should answer the question. Leave the question out or answer it, otherwise you are just being rude.

SLOW4EAT said:

THE BOTTOM LINE:

#1 performance upgrade any car enthisiast can ever have is the use of their BRAIN...

-common sense makes a big difference.....

"Common" sense is not so common. I doubt the author new what a T/C was the first time he saw it in print. And even if he found it without asking, the definition was probably given by someone answering the question "What does T/C stand for?". The point of groups like ClubWRX should be for the experienced to help and guide those new to the scene, not to insult or scare away.

Oh, I also think that it is kind of disingenuous for the author of the post to be the first to call for a sticky.

Thats my two cents.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Great 4EAT Post "lord" SLOW4EAT. Keep'm comming

Great Post, and awsome source of knowledge. I have one question; what's the top speed I can achieve with my 4EAT WRX Wagon, the thing moves(very fast) but cuts at 115 MPH. Is that it? How can I defeat the speed cut-off? Thanks.

Rastaman17:confused:

·
Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin
5,780 Posts
Great Post, and awsome source of knowledge. I have one question; what's the top speed I can achieve with my 4EAT WRX Wagon, the thing moves(very fast) but cuts at 115 MPH. Is that it? How can I defeat the speed cut-off? Thanks.

Rastaman17:confused:
the top speed you are allowed to drive in Hawaii is 55 mph....:rotfl:

·
Banned
2,593 Posts
lol It's a good post. A lot of questions people ask don't have a specific A, B, or C set-type answer to them. ( as you can tell by the post) Way to many factors and situations to give a flat out yes, no, 300whp, etc.

As for top speed; I've heard people say 115 and then others 135mph. I've never been that fast so I couldn't tell you. Try it and find out. :p
I thought I saw something on I-club a while back about 135 was the limit. Again I havent been that fast in my car so I cant clarify.

-J

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
On my '02 wrx top speed is 130 MPH, at that speed the ECU limits/cuts out engine power and won't allow car to go any faster...Even with the newer Cobb stage 2 maps that the map notes say the speed limiter is eliminated in all transmissions... Its wrong!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts