ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I know other people have posted, but they have had slightly different designs so here goes...

I am looking to buy a car in the next couple of months. I want it to meet the following criteria:
-At or under 35K
-At least relatively quick
-Lots of low end torque
-Reliable
-At least some degree of luxury (nice paint, interior, etc.)
-RWD or AWD
-Not considered a 'kid' or 'mullet' car

The car does NOT need to be practical or have a certain number of doors, etc.

Here is what I was thinking of
-350Z or G35coupe
-used BMW 330
-Mustang Cobra (not luxurious, but the power makes up for it)
-F-150 Lighting

I'm looking for other ideas/thoughts. I am particularly interested in cars that are coming, but not yet in the showrooms.

·
Registered
61 Posts
used S4?

VW R32?

IS300? i hear they take well to turbos

i'm assuming there is a reason the STi isn't on this list already ;)

isn't a 330 already in that price range? i would think you could get a used M3

·
Banned
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good suggestion. A coworker just picked one up and it is pretty sweet. I'm a bit disenchanted with VW after some of the problems that I've had with my '03 GLI. I might check the VW boards to see if anyone is experiencing problems w/ the R32.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
The G35 Coupe is (to me) a thing of beauty. Though I'm beginning to wonder if I'll be happy with anything that has less than 300hp again. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
153 Posts
I wouldn't hesitate to get a GTO. My dad drives a Commodore SS (he lives in Melbourne, Australia) which is essentially the 4 door version. I think they're sleek, comfortable and damn impressive with the endless capabilities of the LS1.

-Andy

·
Registered
882 Posts
If it were me, I'd get a really nice Legacy, or a cheaper plain Legacy and make it really nice and custom.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I vote for a slightly used 330, a little bit older M3, or a 350Z. Mighty fine cars there. I personally don't like the Cobra or the Lightning, but that's just my opinion.

·
Registered
27,068 Posts
330ci/330xi

or

G35c

if all with manual trans the g35 is going to have more low and torque and a bit quicker. the interior is nice and IMO is one of the best looking cars on the road... especially in that dark silver/grey color.. *drools**

bmw is bmw... just some really awesome cars. 330ci has the looks and mid 14sec performance stock with manual trans... 330xi is just as fast, but doesnt look as nice, but boasts the AWD... and both have phenominal interior.

its upto you... if it were me and it didnt snow bad in my area, i would have a REALLY hard time choosing between the 330ci and G35c

good luck.
(o, and even though its FWD, i wouldnt cancel out the acura TL a-spec.... its a sweet car with incredible interior and nice performance #'s.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Banned
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
All good suggestions. I'm going to use them to start my research and plan on some test drives. I'm also considering the S60R which hasn't been suggested in this thread, but someone mentioned it in a PM.

300hp, AWD, good looks (I think), and when I sat in it at the auto show the interior was awesome. I've seen a few lightly used ones around here for good prices. Some mentioned that you can get them at that price because alot of original owners bought manuals. Being typicaly Volvo owners, however, they quickly discovered that the really wanted an Auto and traded in their car.

I'll post up whatever I end up getting.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
sarcasmo said:
All good suggestions. I'm going to use them to start my research and plan on some test drives. I'm also considering the S60R which hasn't been suggested in this thread, but someone mentioned it in a PM.
Eck, just not into the Volvo look. Very nice car; just not my style.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts