Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know we've seen plenty of these setups but I'm gonna post it anyway. I'm also aware its getting cold up here and I wont have much use for this until next spring:( . But, I had one hot day left to test last Saturday (near 80 degrees).

This is a manual sprayer for now to keep water use down and for testing. In the future I may connect the ground through the UTEC to control it automatically.

First pic : 12 volt/ 15 amp switch mounted in blank that was dremelled to fit switch. (aquired at any autoparts store)

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The washer bottle is from a old subaru legacy wagon that I wrecked. (companies car):D I mounted/bolted the bottle and pump in the passenger fender well. Fits there perfectly. I used the stock ground near the fender well and ran the water hose to the intercooler seal with zip ties.

second pic: TMIC spray manifold.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The best part was that I discovered that the stock seal actually has perfect little dimples angled down at the intercooler. This has to be for spray nozzles, probably the same part of the mold for the sti seal. So I intsalled 2 STI nozzles there and they work flawlessly. They actually concentrate the spray on the front half of the TMIC. But the rebound off the flat bars gets the whole surface wet even when stopped.

third pic: STI nozzle while spraying the TMIC.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Results;

The MRT knock sensor never lies when it comes to heat soak. It always lights up when I'm parked with a hot engine and then get into boost. Back to back tests show heat soak was reduced dramatically.

The hand test also faired well with a super chilly intercooler after some stoplight to stoplight WOT runs in 78 degree weather.

The butt dyno was difficult to quantify and is definately subjective. But I would guess 10 to 30 whp in weather 80 degrees plus. Maybe 5-10 whp in colder weather.

In the end I think its a great mod for less than $30 spent:D

·
Registered
142 Posts
do u have pics of how u remove the fender and how u mounted the washer bottle

i have a spare bottle and pump, but can't find a place to mount it

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
capt'n'caveman said:
do u have pics of how u remove the fender and how u mounted the washer bottle

i have a spare bottle and pump, but can't find a place to mount it
No fender removal, I just went in through the wheel well. There's just a few poppits to remove and then you can peel the plastic back enough to squeeze the bottle and pump in. You need to have the stock silencer out though. I used the 14mm nut (inside of fender) that bolts the brake cylinder to the fender wall.

I tried to get a pic but its pretty tight in there.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Penguinking said:
how much were the STi nozzles, and where did you get them from?
$10 a piece from rallispec. Very good service.

rallispec
609-702-7800

1 - 8 of 8 Posts