Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran again tonight at Epping NH . I still only have an Invidia downpipe , Blitz sus intake and a Greddy profec b @16.5 psi . The only things that I have done since last week were I uped my air pressure in my tires to 34 psi front and 29 psi rear . I have also added a whiteline rear diff lock kit . I ran 93 octane just like last week too . Here is my best time .

rt .586
60' 1.73
330 5.23
1/8 8.17
mph 84.55
1000 10.69
1/4 12.83
mph 105.80

I also ran another 12.88 the next run .

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mattyp said:
do you live in bridgewater? right down the street from the center? Used to own a black lightening?
No I live in Maine . But I do know the guy you are talking about . He was suposed to show up last night but could not make it . I think his best is a 12.9 ?

·
Registered
93 Posts
dizastical,

Man those times are siiiick, especially for what little you have done to your STi. It's evident that you know how to launch that thing. Got one question, was your DCCD on AUTO or otherwise?

Thanks & Congrats on your new personal best *for now*
;)

-STiLL

·
Registered
93 Posts
AUTO huh? Man I guess it's all about the launch, air temp, and altitude. I'd really like to know your launch sequence, dizastical. Thanks for your help, STFUTuning.

-STiLL

·
Registered
108 Posts
STiLL WILL said:
AUTO huh? Man I guess it's all about the launch, air temp, and altitude. I'd really like to know your launch sequence, dizastical. Thanks for your help, STFUTuning.

-STiLL
No problem.

As far as his launching method, he posted it in another thread and I have given it a shot. It isa bit extreme, but it works if done right.

Rev between 6000 and 6200 rpm. When it's time to go, floor it and let the clutch out fast. I don't think he is dumping the clutch, nor is he slipping it. He just lets it out quickly.

Diz, correct me if I am wrong.

This method works great when you get it right. I noticed that my best launches were when the clutch spun just a little then grabbed once I had a slight role and yanked me out of there very forcefully. Car felt very solid too.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Other people might think that this is the wrong way to do it but this is how I launch and this is how I am going to continue to launch becuase it works for me !

1-Stage the first light nice and slow.
2-Ease up on the clutch untill it grabs slightly and stage to the second light .
3-I keep the clutch off the floor so it is almost grabing to pull the car foward.
4-As soon as the other person stages I start to rev the car to around 4500 .
5-When the lights start to drop I rev to 6000 .
6-On the third yellow I let off the clutch fast but I do not ride it or slip it .
7-As soon as the clutch is fully engaged I go WOT .

Doing this I run consistant 1.7 60' times .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts