ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Boost > NA
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after long long hours of getting my 04 back to stock, all I had to do was flash a stage one map and I would be good to go. So I made sure the car battery had plenty of life and same for the computer, hooked everything up and performed a test-write. Everything came out just fine. Went to perform the actual write to the ECU, and I got the 'There was an error flashing your map, DO NOT TURN OFF THE IGNITION, close this window and start the flash over. This "should" finish the process'. Needless to say it didn't. Once I started the flash process over with the ignition on, I had no luck, I even tried to reopen ECUflash and reflash the old map. No luck. Another bricked ECU.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Sorry to hear.

Sure your usb cable is in good condition? The one that came with mine was garbage and died fairly quickly.

Also, I'd double check your definitions.

I've flashed my ecu at least 100 times by now. Only had one failure due to a bad usb cable along with a handful of errors due to timing.

Maybe somebody else will pitch in with some information.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Are the 16bit ECU's known for this or what?
I haven't heard of too many bricked ECU stories like yours. Most of the time it seems its a bad connection, so fixing the connection and reflashing again works just fine. I haven't seen much over on RomRaider forums like this.

I'd reinstall ECU flash using the latest version and make sure you have the correct definition files for your ECU. Also check your usb cable connections on both ends and your OBDII adapter under the car.

Did you order a new ECU?

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
Try disconnecting the battery and dissipating the capacitance in the system by holding down the brake pedal for 30 seconds. Recoonect the battery and try re-flashing again. I have over 200 flashes on my ECU. People have been flashing the 16 bit ECU way before the 32bit and CAN-BUS. It is not a common occurrence to brick one. The pins in the OBDII connector have been known to push out sometimes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts