ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm driving and I see this nice s2000 w/2 shiny greddy exhausts...I havent played around in awhile and you never know around here so I pull up on his bumper.

He hits it and I stay a couple of car lengths behind just trailing due to traffic. He must have thought I was running w/him and he pulled on me because at the light we caught he looked over w/that cocky you couldnt stay w/me look...

He says do you want to run? ...I say sure we can roll from 25mph...He says ok, I'll let YOU honk...? I'm like why me ? He says so you can get the jump you will need it????:confused1

I agreed to 25mph even know thats not my spot but I figured he only has exh, head, intake, so it wont matter. Sure enough I honk and he goes...I am in full lag at this point and even w/that he only pulls to my front bumper, it seemed like an eternity for 40mph to come but when It did .....:eek: ....that was his face.

Instantly caught him in 2nd and by the end of 3rd I had maybe 3-4 cars and then I shut down...Not really fun but needed...You gotta open her up every now and then. He pulled up and asked the usual...Whats in that thing ?

Eh: FMIC and cat back exhaust...its just running good right now...it likes 90 degree weather...drove off and smiled....:wiggles:

·
Registered
423 Posts
good kill....

the weekend after i got the T88 and a good tune in the Supra a blown s2k got revv happy with me. I let him get the jump then when I spooled up his car looked like this dot ------> . in my rear view mirror.....

This was on route 80 on my way upstate he caught up to me at a gas station and his excuse was "I missed a shift"

·
6,298 Posts
mmmmm....s2000...good afternoon snacks....good kill

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I ran into a blown s...IT put up a better fight w/me..but I dont have a t88...nice.

Yeah its cool...but sometimes you want a close one...not a slaughter, not a loss...just a close one...keeps you sharp

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I kinda just look over and pace them...they usually eventually look over. IF that doesnt work then sometimes I'll beep at them...as funny as it sounds. It usually always works. People though try to run me all the time...eh:eek3:

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
13secwrx, where u located? i'd like to run ya. if your in the tristate area (pa,md,de,nj) getting the big tubo tuned in a week or 2. should be good for 360hp or so with 380tq

·
Registered
773 Posts
Why from 25? Is that what he wanted or you just saving the tran?

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nah..thats what he wanted...I knew it wasnt that fast so it made it more interesting because he pulled on me because I was in lag and then I pulled him like he was standing still..

Im in Ny, but w/those numbers you will be pretty deadily. I would pull you out of the whole but at some point you'd probably catch up..on street tires of course.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
who says i'll be on street tires ;) (slicks in the trunk) but ny is alil far to go. i'll have to keep loookin around. there is like 4 stage iv wrx's at are local car club meet every week and everyone i ask they say "na, my clutch is shot (stock) and i don't wanna hurt my tranny." then wtf's the point of making a fast car if you not gonna drive it! owell. the car is only 260hp and 290tq now so i think a tuned stage iv will still pull me from a roll with 300 or so hp and destroy me from a stop. but the turbo is sitting in box next to me at home, waiting on new manifold,wastgate and fuel system. then some tuning. should be fun. i can't wait to go pick on vette's and cobra's.

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
2004NeonSRT4 said:
who says i'll be on street tires ;) (slicks in the trunk) but ny is alil far to go. i'll have to keep loookin around. there is like 4 stage iv wrx's at are local car club meet every week and everyone i ask they say "na, my clutch is shot (stock) and i don't wanna hurt my tranny." then wtf's the point of making a fast car if you not gonna drive it! owell. the car is only 260hp and 290tq now so i think a tuned stage iv will still pull me from a roll with 300 or so hp and destroy me from a stop. but the turbo is sitting in box next to me at home, waiting on new manifold,wastgate and fuel system. then some tuning. should be fun. i can't wait to go pick on vette's and cobra's.
I'd be down for a run! I'm in Central NJ and am always looking for someone who can keep up (sounds like you might be able to roll right on by too... 380 is a nice trq number!) Not from a stop though from a roll (my tranny likes me more for that). Let me know.

13sec... another great kill bud :D

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks...same to you...I did beat a t3/t4 srt ?..it was mean and untuned though.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Yeah, I wish I could get just 15% of your races. We cruised for an hour last night trying to get anything to race. Paced a few Mustangs and they wouldnt even look at us. Found a Civic Si and he hit the first right turn he could find. *sigh* I've been stage 2 for a week now and I wanna see what the little car can do. But its the weekend now so hopefully have some fun tonite!

·
6,298 Posts
xaton said:
Yeah, I wish I could get just 15% of your races. We cruised for an hour last night trying to get anything to race. Paced a few Mustangs and they wouldnt even look at us. Found a Civic Si and he hit the first right turn he could find. *sigh* I've been stage 2 for a week now and I wanna see what the little car can do. But its the weekend now so hopefully have some fun tonite!
xaton....I'm sure we could get one of the SRT4's in our club to run with you. Do it from a dig though, as they are quick from a roll. Let me know and maybe you guys can hook up at the next Kahuna's. Hey...don't forget, we've got a show in Oxford PA and another on the same day in Newark on Aug. 7th. Come on up and represent!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts