Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Listen all,

The site has been experienceing a ton of new posters. This is awesome. but I've also noticed a lot more arguments and disagreements on some of the stupidest subjects. I am not innocent of this. I have some suggestions/comments that may help the spamming and BS going on, becasue I am not psyched about the possibility of this place turning into an I-Club.

1) If someone makes a point, or answers a question, don't refute it. If you DO feel it is incorrect, post some proof. very simple. if you are't sure, just say "I'm not sure but...."

2) If your answer/point is refuted, don't get defensive, we are not jockeying for position here, and there is no seniority. only questions and answers, cool ass pics, and new ideas.

3) don't be a dick. if someone tells you that they run a 13.1 QM, don't go moaning for a time slip. If you think they are lying, big freaking deal. the people here are on average 27, and have families. they probably don't get a huge rise out of showing off false stats to an internet bulletin board. give them the benefit of the doubt, or say "wow, a diablo? that's incredible, what do you have for mods?" if they say justa turbo back BPM exhaust, let the answer speak for itself. if they start talking about port shaving and custom gears, maybe you jumpedto a conclusion.

4) just generally try to be respectful. there are a lot of 5-10 posters now. just becasue they haven't been here doesn't meen they are "newbies" or less versed on this stuff, just try to treat them how you would treat a friend. when we start bashing, people get afraid to ask "stupid questions" and never learn anything. I can't tell you how petrified i was to ask what an MBC was. if i was just coming online now, I would NEVER ask.

I love it here, let's keep it cool.

DR

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
DR,

As a moderator, I have been noticing your observations as well. I would like to add that my life becomes a lot more tedious when I have to swim around deleting random explitives from posts.

Let's keep it clean. We've done great so far, but many of our Junior members failed to notice that lack of four letter words on clubwrx.net.

Tim (Blazin), can we have an auto-editor remove common explitives from new posts?

Also, let's not be a afraid to admit we might not know something. There is no shame in asking and the senior members who have extensive knowledge of the WRX and it technical aspects, such as God, Blazin, myself, etc. will do our best to help you out.

-Jim

·
Registered
155 Posts
i feel a group hug about to happen

-ryan

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
Hey thanks for keeping an eye out for me guys. I spent about an hour or two everydya on the board and I rarely see any arguments etc and I owe a lot of it to you moderators.

DR Thanks for making things clear on what we don't want on this board, I'm sure a lot of people will think towice now before posting any threads that we don't want to see. If you have doubts I don't think it's wrong to ask for proof but be nice about it. On the other hand, I don't think people would just make up lies that are totally unreasonable becuase they know they're giong to get it if they can't back themselves up.

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
becuase they know they're giong to get it if they can't back themselves up.

<pulling the donut off of the louisville slugger>

Yeah. GET it.

:mad:

DR

-moderating with an iron fist.

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well!

welcome then! we like you too!

you'd think that "don't be a dick" could go unsaid, unfortunately it can't.

DR

·
Registered
23 Posts
I agree

The i-club has gotten a little out of hand.

This is my home page when I log in now because of the things mentioned above. Lets prove this is the site to be on and act more mature than name calling or worst.

Thanks for listening and happy driving to all!!!

:D :D

·
Registered
400 Posts
I think that of all the boards that I've been on this is the maturest of all. I have only had to edit one post and an apology followed promptly. On i-club I had the urge to edit something every day. Good thing I didn't moderate over there. To much work.

Everyone is cool and the new people see how we do things and slide right in. :D

Thanks Tim.

Got my stickers, should have them on this weekend when I finish my interior. Winters coming I hope these heated seats work. :p

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Heated seats rock!

RR,

I hate editing posts. If somebody gets way out of line, I just delete it and send a message.

DR moderates with an iron fist.

I moderate with a Platinum fist.

-Jim

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.