Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i have been looking at exhaust systems latley and i am wondering if their is anyway of taking an aftermarket exhaust and tilting it upwards. i like the look of an exhaust pipe tilted up and at an angle. is there any way to alter your exhaust to make it look like this. i was looking at the nur spec or hks cat back exhaust. i also like the sound of the vishnu exhaust. and if you have any cool pics of the blitz exhaust on an 02-03 wrx i would love to see them.

·
Registered
454 Posts
most of the catbacks come on an angle already like the Hks and the Blitz so all u have to do it buy it and bolt it on and its already done for u

·
Registered
0 Posts
The upward pointing exhaust tips will create more downforce in the rear. If you use upgraded urathane bumper hangers, the force gets transfered through the chassis more, and even create LIFT on the front wheels.

Be careful with these, especailly on high revving turbo cars as the force is greater and this can induce severe understeer. I know a guy, who knows a guy, whos second cousin's best friend installed an upgraded turbo, and the upward tilted exhaust caused wheelies under hard acceleration.

This is a potentially dangererous mod, best left to professional and stunt drivers :)

·
Registered
748 Posts
Turbo WRX, I LOVE the RFL-TI and have one on the way... how do you like yours? Is it as deep and loud as it sounds from the WorldOne Video? Give me your impressions! :) :) :)

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Racenut3.0 said:
The upward pointing exhaust tips will create more downforce in the rear. If you use upgraded urathane bumper hangers, the force gets transfered through the chassis more, and even create LIFT on the front wheels.

Be careful with these, especailly on high revving turbo cars as the force is greater and this can induce severe understeer. I know a guy, who knows a guy, whos second cousin's best friend installed an upgraded turbo, and the upward tilted exhaust caused wheelies under hard acceleration.

This is a potentially dangererous mod, best left to professional and stunt drivers :)

ROTFLMAO :D

would you like pork fried or chicken?

·
Registered
748 Posts
I was going to get the Nur Spec (beautiful unit) but no one had them in stock :(

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
do you want the entire rear section angled slightly upwards, or are you looking for a tip that is angled up (like i've seen from DTM and on VWs too)? there are a good number of exhausts that are angled slightly up, but i have yet to see one with just the tip that is angled up.... _/ the tip looks kinda like that but not such a big angle.

anyways, the people on this board are reminding me more and more lately of a different board where unwanted opinions flow free and flaming is rampant. i stick almost primarily to clubwrx for that reason, so lets try to not be such d*cks when someone is looking to try something that you might not necessarily like, k?

o-|-<) bryan

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
if anyone has the nur spec cat back exhaust can you post a pic from a few feet away. i am always seeing the exhaust from crazy close up. i want to see it from a normal point of view. man do i lope that RFL TI !!! i must get one NOW!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts