ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently searching the interwebs to see if anyone has a solution for this issue, so I figured I would ask you guys as well.

I picked up my car on Friday, 5/27. Been loving every minute of it, 140 miles so far (I'll get some pictures up once I get out of the driver's seat). The one issue I've had with the car is actually more of a phone issue.

The stock Android Music Player turns on every time I get into the car and the Bluetooth syncs. This is quite annoying since I don't use the Music Player app, but the only way I have been able to stop it is by completely disconnecting the Bluetooth. Does anyone know any way to stop this but keep Bluetooth for calls? I have a Samsung Charge, with all the updates as far as I know.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
IIRC, there's a settings menu in Android that lets you select what applications launch upon certain connections. I switched to an iPhone a while back, so I'm a bit fuzzy on my Android stuff, but I seem to remember being able to do that.

I think part of the problem is that the phone sees your car's bluetooth signature as a media device, not a headset, so it tries to launch a media-related application.

Rage-wrx is one active Android user on here, he might know, or could check.

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
I'm pretty sure there's a way to disable that, but if you don't use it why is it even installed? First thing I do when I get a new phone is remove all the bloatware I know I'm not going to use.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Unfortunately, it is not removable without rooting the phone (I don't really want to do that). And I do occasionally use it as a back up when I forget to charge my iPod.

I figured out how to allow the phone to use the car for calls, but not media, but I can't stream Pandora unless I enable the media again. Guess I will just have to deal with that. It is better than having to turn off the music player every time.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I use my phone as a music player so I love this feature :)

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
I'm not sure why you would be against rooting. All of my recent phones (Evo 4g, Evo 3D, and now Galaxy Note) have benefited greatly from root applications. Improved performance, and nearly doubled battery life on each device. Not to mention how great it is to be able to nandroid backup. If anything happens to the phone you can instantly restore everything exactly how it was, even onto another phone if yours was lost/stolen.

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts
So wait, does it start playing just through the phone itself, or does it start playing through the car stereo?

·
Registered
93 Posts
So wait, does it start playing just through the phone itself, or does it start playing through the car stereo?
I assume car stereo. That's what it does for me.

·
Registered
184 Posts
The solution is obvious.

Just don't leave the head unit set to BT when you turn off the car. If you left it set to FM, USB, CD, etc, or even if you just had the radio off, you would not be hearing music from your phone when you start the car. If you left it on FM, you would hear the radio when you start the car.

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
The solution is obvious.

Just don't leave the head unit set to BT when you turn off the car. If you left it set to FM, USB, CD, etc, or even if you just had the radio off, you would not be hearing music from your phone when you start the car. If you left it on FM, you would hear the radio when you start the car.
That is very much true. But my iPhone (4s) still plays media files. It is also weird because even though my phone plays the files there is no music out of the phone and just plays until I switch the car to bt mode

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts
Hmm. I have had a few occasions where the phone would continue to play through it's crappy speaker after I turned the car off, but unless I left the car in BT on the stereo, I haven't had the phone just start playing music when I started up.

HTC Evo 4g by the way.

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
The solution is obvious.

And just let the phone play away, draining the battery in the process? No thanks.

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
Yea, makes sense that it wouldn't launch the player with nothing to connect to.

On a similar line of thinking, why not just turn off BT on your phone? Simply having it on drains the battery.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts